Quality Tech II
Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 3064
Requisition Number: 13447BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage and execute the PPAP system - review qualification submittals by vendors.
2. Perform dimensional verifications on all in-house and vendor components utilizing various measuring devices such as: Micrometers, calipers, bore gages, Romer/Faro-arm, hardness tester, CMM
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, knowledge of GD&T standard.
4. Work with manufacturing, product engineering, purchasing and vendors to resolve quality concerns in a timely manner.
5. Execute dimensional verification on components or product using other means of dimensional verification such as CAD and digitizing techniques.
6. Perform work assignments per Quality Engineer's instruction and work schedule.
7. Assist in meeting departmental work schedules and company quality standards.
8. Maintain OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within department and company.
9. Maintain current technical skills on all technical measuring devices as required.
10. Support work load overtime requirements with minimal notice.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
12. Support/maintain housekeeping objectives within the Quality Assurance department and company.
13. Perform other Quality functions/audits that assist in maintaining the Quality standards of the product.
14. Be a leader in the problem solving process by initiating PDCA projects and help in the containment process and also drive actions to implement solutions.
15. Must have the ability to be self directed and work on an off shift with little supervision.
Ability to use lab measurement equipment such as Romer/FARO arms, CMM, and typical hand tools (micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc.) Ability to analyze and interpret engineering prints and CAD models Ability to work off-shift with little supervision - organized and self-motivating. Strong knowledge of GD&T fundamentals and datum schemes as required to perform accurate analysis of parts/assemblies Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with regard to relaying technical information to Engineering and Manufacturing in order to drive improvements to products and processes Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) for reporting and analyzing data Prior experience with Polyworksis preferred Prior experience with PPAP approvals is preferred
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Spirit Lake, Iowa, population of 4,907 people, is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the Midwest. It is located in the center of the Iowa Great Lakes. Spirit Lake is a full-service city offering a wide variety of recreation, employment and social opportunities to citizens and visitors. Spirit Lake has a vibrant downtown with a variety of retail businesses and an industrial park that provides current employers and potential companies with attractive amenities. Spirit Lake is a great place to raise a family. We have excellent schools and many opportunities for involvement in religious activities, scouting, dance, and art. Children are safe here and can enjoy the quality of life that we all want them to have. Spirit Lake is a rapidly developing city, boasting one of the fastest growing economies in Northwest Iowa.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Tech II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US