Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Novi, Michigan US
Job Number: 3107
Requisition Number: 13520BR
Must possess Core Values that are in alignment with the Polaris Creed: Understand the riding experience, Live the riding experience, Work to make it better. The fundamental goal is to improve the performance (Price, Delivery and Quality) of the Polaris Global Supply Chain. Primary responsibilities include Onboarding of new suppliers and support of the Supplier Continuous Improvement Program (SCIP) which involves the long-term strategic development of suppliers with performance that is below expectations.The Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) role requires the application of diversified technical knowledge of Quality, Operations and Engineering along with exercising business acumen of Supply Chain Management.
- Conduct Quality, Manufacturing and Production Capacity Assessments
- Execute Root Cause Problem Solving & Corrective/Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Facilitate Risk Management & Mitigation, Improvement Events & Supplier Training
- Development & Presentation of Executive Summaries & Supplier Scorecards
- Development & Innovation of Quality Core Processes (Standard Work)
- Engineering Degree and relevant full-time Work Experience in Quality and/or Operations that meet the following minimum requirements: BS Degree with 4 years of work experience or MS Degree with 3 years of work experience.
- Robust Technical Problem-Solving Skills (Six Sigma, Kepner-Tregoe, Shainin Red X)
- Proficient with Quality Core Toolset: Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Diverse Process Experience with various Vehicle Component Commodities preferred: Cast/Machine Parts (HPDC, Forging, Investment, Sand, Extrusion, Screw), Chrome (Aluminum, Steel, Zinc), Drivetrain (Brakes, Cooling, Fuel, Lubrication, Steering, & Suspension, Wheels), Electrical (Harness/Cables, Switches, Sensors), Engine (Balance Shafts, Bearings, Camshafts, Connecting Rods, Crankcase, Crankshafts, Cylinder Head, Gaskets, Gears, Piston, Turbocharger, Valvetrain), Fabrications (Stamping, Tube & Weld), Plastics (Blow, Compression, Injection & Rotational Mold, Die Cut, Extrusion Vacuum/Thermoform), Rubber (Molding, Hoses, Gaskets, Belts, Die Cut, O-Rings, Extrusion, Tracks, Tires), User Interface (Seats, Gauges/Display, Lighting, Telematics).
- Extensive Cross Functional Team Experience (Engineering, Operations & Supply Chain).
- Flexibility to travel as required (up to 50%) to supplier locations both domestic and international.
·Global (China, Europe, India,Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam) Quality Management System (QMS), Experience with Automotive OEM or Automotive Suppliers (Tier 1 and Tier 2).
Currently possess or obtain one of the following certifications within the first year of employment:
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Six Sigma Certification: Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB).
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Quality Certification: Certified Supplier Quality Professional (CSQP), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA).
- Kepner-Tregoe Certification: Process Facilitator & Coach, Program Leader.
- Shainin Red X Certification: Red X Master, Red X Journeyman.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Development Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Novi, Michigan US