Design Engineer - Chassis
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3188
Requisition Number: 13750BR
Systems Engineer - Chassis
Lead the design, development, and validation of new and existing off-road vehicle chassis. This includes vehicle frames, ROPS, bumpers, and other structural members. Work closely with project, test, validation, and manufacturing teams to ensure the chassis is meeting key deliverables and achieving industry leading standards. Complete the analysis and design of structural components and assemblies to achieve superior performance, safety, and quality. Must also work effectively with service, purchasing, vendors, manufacturing, and others to ensure all aspects of the development process are executed well and prepared for success. Position can be located at the Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create specifications, complete the design, and analyze structural components and assemblies in support of the development and refinement of off-road vehicles
- Interact and direct resources across multiple engineering sites and work collaboratively with on/offshore resources to reach final design in the most efficient means
- Participate in testing and benchmarking activities
- Initiate and maintain schedules, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs
- Participate in key project milestones including team meetings, design reviews, gate reviews, and safety reviews
- Work with the quality team on root cause analysis activities and gather, analyze, track, and report on warranty and other consumer quality information related to structural components
- Domestic and international travel may be required (<15>
- Take responsibility for other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Agricultural Engineering
- Ability to drive vehicles for development and testing purposes is preferred
- Experience with Ansys or similar FEA software is preferred
- Experience with bolted joint analysis, GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, and engineering standards is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the design and analysis of structures in an industry applicable
- Ability to communicate well and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
U.S. work authorization; no work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer - Chassis
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US