Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 3313
Requisition Number: 14003BR
• Coordinate and lead improvement teams with a core focus on elimination of non-value added activities.
• Facilitate activities such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Problem Solving, 5S, Kaizen and SMED events to support product development initiatives.
• Develop/adapt training materials and presentations.
• Coordinate data gathering and reporting of key metrics for process improvement events.
• Assist with implementation VIP Projects.
• Conduct assigned process audits to support Lean Culture. (5S and MDI Audit examples)
• Assist in developing the Lean culture:
• Assist in the deployment of Polaris's Lean training materials.
• Guide, coach and train team members on Lean implementation.
• Facilitate best practice sharing across product development teams
• Other assignments as requested or required
• Strong results orientation with passion for Lean and continuous improvement
• Ability to teach and facilitate the success of others
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods
• Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization through the utilization of strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent project management skills (facilitation, project planning, execution, organizing and administrative)
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field.
• Experience in problem solving techniques and methodologies (8D, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.) highly preferred
• Experience with material flow pull systems.
• Lean background with experience facilitating kaizen events, developing value stream maps at the organizational level, 5S, etc. preferred
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Spirit Lake, Iowa, population of 4,907 people, is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the Midwest. It is located in the center of the Iowa Great Lakes. Spirit Lake is a full-service city offering a wide variety of recreation, employment and social opportunities to citizens and visitors. Spirit Lake has a vibrant downtown with a variety of retail businesses and an industrial park that provides current employers and potential companies with attractive amenities. Spirit Lake is a great place to raise a family. We have excellent schools and many opportunities for involvement in religious activities, scouting, dance, and art. Children are safe here and can enjoy the quality of life that we all want them to have. Spirit Lake is a rapidly developing city, boasting one of the fastest growing economies in Northwest Iowa.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Lean Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US