Sr. CAE Engineer- Automation & Process
Location: Minneapolis, Michigan US
Job Number: 3321
Requisition Number: 14030BR
Provide insight and technical leadership in the area of knowledge management of CAE processes and data to enhance the product development process. Automation Engineer will design, program, simulate and test automated processes to complete exact tasks in the areas of CAE, reporting and data management. This role will impact speed, data quality, knowledge capture, and decision making within the design and analysis process, ultimately supporting the product development of new vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Automation; Lean automation of CAE processes and tools, with continuousimprovement.
2.Data Management; Share and manage global data and knowledge efficiently.
3.Dashboards; Create design dashboards for fast early design input andmonitoring progress.
4.Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specificCAE tools and best practices.
- Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to aid architecture selection and target setting early in design.
6.Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and typesof problems, including stretch opportunities outside of core responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred understanding and familiarity with CAE tool types (ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench, HyperMESH, Optistruct, CFx, Fluent, Adams, Motion View, nCode DesignLife, DOE), and data post-processing tools (Hyperview, Glyphworks). Other Software tools okay also.
- Expert level knowledge in 1 or more attributes
- Solid understanding of computer programming, software and GUI development.
- Database development using SQL and/or cloud technologies.
- Experience with engineering process mapping, development, and automation.
- 5-10+ years of experience with advanced numerical problems.
- Experience in systems engineering, DOE, and optimization.
- Powersports knowledge and passion to deliver for the customer.
- Preferred, knowledgeable in the design of the engine and vehicle systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
- B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. CAE Engineer- Automation & Process
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Michigan US