Dir, Accounting (Shared Services)
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3329
Requisition Number: 14032BR
Responsible for expanding and leading a global Polaris' Finance Shared Services organization, which currently consists of accounts payable for certain Polaris segments. This leader will expand the footprint of the Shared Services organization to include Polaris accounts payable globally and build the services to include accounts receivable and general ledger accounting servicing. The role will play an important part in Polaris' initiatives to drive standardization and centralization while identifying improvements in processes and other efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide leadership of the shared services group, including personnel in Bangalore India
· Determine and execute strategic objectives for Finance Shared Services
· Develop strategy for Share Services efficiency (i.e. through location, technology, people, etc.)
· Drive process improvement initiatives including standardization of processes
· Ensure process documentation and internal controls are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and updated and standardized with counterparts globally
· Manage performance against established KPI's
· Create partnerships and build trust within the business and other finance functions to achieve shared objectives
· Manage preparation and intake of new processes to be performed by the team
· Responsible for personnel management of a large group of employees (in the US and outside the US) including hiring, training and development and providing regular direction and feedback on performance
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration (or similar), preferably Master's degree
• 15+ years' experience in Finance and Accounting
• 5+ years' experience in management of a Finance and/or Accounting shared services and/or outsourcing environment, preferably having participated in shared service implementation and ongoing shared service center operations
• Strong project management skills
• Experience managing complex, global scale operations with diverse business units/divisions and different business models
• Strategic thinking, change leadership skills and ability to affect change and continuous improvement
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
Position located in Medina, Minnesota. Dynamic fast-paced team environment. International travel is required.
*LI-GR1 QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Dir, Accounting (Shared Services)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US