Warehouse Supervisor (1st Shift Outbound Manager)
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota US
Job Number: 3346
Requisition Number: 14059BR
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for supporting the overall operations of the distribution center, with direct accountability for leading, motivating, coaching their team. This role has direct accountability to the success operation of a value stream or shift within the operation. The Operations Supervisor will manage and drive goals through their front-line leadership team to meet and exceed safety, delivery, quality and cost goals while adhering to the company's values. In addition, this role will identify and lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects across the DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish goals and strategy for your specific value stream or shift and drive alignment through your team to meet or exceed targets
- Overall accountability to value stream or shift's safety, quality, productivity and lean goals
- Define and manage departmental budget in the areas of labor (hours and cost), packaging, maintenance and other associated costs
- Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports (e.g. Weekly employee productivity, quality and safety performance reports, departmental processes, etc.).
- Manage department activities and special projects to ensure efficiency and quality while exceeding daily order response and program goals.
- Partner with leadership team to drive changes and improvements to standard operating procedures, work instructions, and other documented training
- Support the ongoing efforts of Lean Management Operations within the facility, including reiterating a "6S" culture through ensuring the receiving docks are clean and organized
- Lead process improvement projects through the use of prescribed methodologies and tools
- Serve on committees and teams as department representative
- Maintain a professional and safe working environment by inspecting and scheduling maintenance, and ensuring that all office and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and functioning properly
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) of the facility's warehouse management system
- Directly lead, manage, coach, & develop your direct report leadership team in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure you leadership team has the training, tools and support to effectively manage front-line associates
- Manage staffing levels for value stream or shift, partnering with Human resources to ensure current and future appropriate levels Provide ongoing mentorship, cross-training, and development in all areas of your department
- Conduct performance reviews and coaching for your leadership team and front-line associates
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and hiring warehouse associates in partnership with broader site leadership team
- Support and coach your direct report leadership team with employee relations and corrective action issues Communicate to all levels of the organization on topics of daily goals, performance feedback, departmental, organization and company initiatives
- Effectively communicate in an accurate and timely manner to both internal and external customers, including senior management
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's/4-year degree required, preferably in Operations or Supply Chain Management, Engineering or other related field; Master's degree preferred
- 6+ years of progressive leadership experience required; previous experience in a warehouse or operations environment required
- Deep knowledge of distribution: logistics, fulfillment, operations, and facilities
- Strong track record of leading leaders; developing talent and empowering them to be successful
- Talented communicator, capable of communicating complex messages to different levels of an organization with proven results ·
- Proven experience as a change agent and ability to establish a strong culture around continuous improvement, safety, quality and delivery
- Ability to identify and understand complex issues, analyze and compare data, and draw conclusions as a result of analysis
- Successful examples of managing multiple projects and priorities
- Proven track record of high-end performance under pressure, addressing stressful situations in a manner that is professional, and measured
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting regulations and procedures, and appropriately respond to common inquiries and grievances when interacting with employees
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and other job-related applications
Working conditions are that of a standard distribution center Some travel is required (up to 10%)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle and reach for materials, as well as communicate in a noisy environment Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl Required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Vermillion which is nestled in the southeastern corner of South Dakota just minutes away from the Nebraska and Iowa borders. Vermillion is the perfect place to settle down and raise a family as well as excel your career. It's a small, comfortable, safe, University community that offers various recreation activities including bike paths, four city parks, an 18-hole golf course, hunting, fishing, Division 1 college sports, and much more. If you're ready to become part of a team that operates a world-class distribution center, look no further.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: South Dakota
Community / Marketing Title: Warehouse Supervisor (1st Shift Outbound Manager)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vermillion, South Dakota US