Powertrain Staff Engineer- Process improvement - Wyoming, MN
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3382
Requisition Number: 14147BR
Lead PT Peer Teams goal development and execution including, but not limited to:
- Define expectations, content and template for all fully guided documentation (ESW, FMEA, etc)
- Develop long range plan for peer teams, including budget, processes and new systems
- Improve the peer team governance process
- Lead PT Process Steering Team to drive processes into each functional group.
- Document and Govern Product Development Processes within PT
- i.e. FMEA, DVP&R's, Design, Calibration and Validation
- Standardized Engine/Vehicle checklists
- Standardized pre-work meeting definition and agenda
- PDR/CDR content, expectations and templates
- Process / template auditor
- 10+ year of experience in technical, process improvement or analytical role, Powertrain experience preferred
- B.S. in Engineering, preferred
- Experience establishing and implementing continuous improvement processes.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Experience in structured problem-solving methods preferred (i.e. 6 Sigma, Red X).
- Knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to FMEA, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Systems.
- 6 sigma black belt training/certification preferred
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Staff Engineer- Process improvement - Wyoming, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US