Engineering Systems Product Owner, IS
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3392
Requisition Number: 14163BR
Polaris Industries, Inc. is currently looking for an Engineering Systems Product Owner within the Digital & Information Systems (D&IS) department located in Wyoming, MN. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who will be responsible for working with IS and engineering users to lead the Product Data Management (PDM) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) product team at Polaris. The Engineering Systems Product Owner is responsible for implementing the standards, processes, tools, and techniques to provide state of the art Product Design and Product Lifecycle Management within the Polaris Product Development Process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform analysis of, and make recommendations for the improvement of existing information systems and perform ongoing reviews of new technologies and industry standards
- Define and maintain the engineering technology and deployment roadmap
- Contribute with new ideas / processes that will improve workflow and efficiency
- Identify, define and develop key measurements and develop the process to collect metrics for monitoring
- Produce and review reports demonstrating the overall health of the supported applications and Engineering program
- Provide business impact analysis and communicating the impacts to management
- Manage vendor relationships for engineering software solutions
- Interpret and convert engineering needs/requirements into solutions for implementation across environments. PDP includes processes for Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Validation, and release for Production.
- Help drive alignment and consistent practices across the engineering product groups
- Collaborate with Project Managers and direct reports to determine OOTB process solution options based on existing and potential future software platforms.
- Provide process automation feedback to streamline product development activities and support LEAN initiatives
- Lead team to resolve systemic or system-wide issues, determine and document root cause and solutions
- Responsible for the oversight of the design for each project and ensure overall design and quality consistency of the platform. Drive designs to OOTB solutions and leverage existing Polaris platforms.
- Stay current on PDM, MCAD, & CAE trends to evolve practices, procedures, and systems that allow Polaris to remain on the leading edge of product development
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware, software and equipment that will support current and/or future business needs
- Establish and enforce use of department processes for design, development, testing and software implementation
- Develop staff work plans and schedules, set priorities, solicit input, providing direction, mentor and manage performance, set performance goals, and ensuring high quality customer service and on-time delivery of agreed deliverables
- Lead and execute small to large sized projects related to the business application objectives
- Attends project and administrative meetings. Prepares technical project status reports.
- Leads and advocates knowledge sharing & learning
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, Science or equivalent
- PTC's Windchill and Creo application suites experience
- 5+ years of experience in PDM, CAD, & CAE engineering systems,
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills in a CAD/PDM environment and ability to manage multiple projects and/or initiatives simultaneously
- Experience working with medium to large matrixed team in a global environment
- Skilled in being a strong team player, i.e.; flexible, collegial, and enthusiastic
- Ability to effectively execute tasks while under pressure
- Can work in Agile or waterfall environments
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Past design experience with PTC's MCAD tools
- History of utilizing new technologies to develop new business processes
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Systems Product Owner, IS
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US