Advanced Mfg Technology Manager
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3401
Requisition Number: 14201BR
The Advanced Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leading the Advanced Manufacturing engineering team to establish and implement robust processes across the Polaris operational footprint. Manage the team to deliver consistent process implementation that optimizes safety, qualify, cost, delivery while maximizing flexibility and minimizing inventories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with product engineering teams to develop vehicle specification targets and actively participate on Design and Validation reviews for new programs.
· Develop design for manufacturing metrics to achieve cost down metrics.
· Identify emerging process technologies that can be implemented at Polaris to create competitive advantage through improvements in costs, quality, or improved product performance. Identify product planning insertion point for new technology in coordination with business units.
· Develop and communicate total cost associated with new process technologies and communicate to manufacturing and design teams. Solutions should work to optimize, people, capital, tooling, energy, consumables, materials, logistics and information flows.
· Work closely with manufacturing and design groups to tailor existing and new processes to new products.
· Ensure consistent transfer of process technology across sites. Support process documentation and knowledge transfer methods to delivery consistency across the global Polaris footprint.
· Develop Standard for new process evaluation, development, capital procurement, installation and validation.
· Support manufacturing with capacity planning as well as quality and cost improvement to existing processes.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Mfg Technology Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US