Mgr, IT Internal Audit
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3406
Requisition Number: 14185BR
Manager, IT Internal Audit
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader who designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality products.
Support the Chief Audit Executive in planning and executing a comprehensive Internal Audit function. Responsible for the management of Internal Audit projects through the entire project life cycle - from identification, planning, execution, gap/issue assessment, reporting, assisting in the development of process improvement action plans, and tracking the status of implementation of process improvements. Responsible for projects measuring and evaluating the design and effectiveness of the Company's processes and controls related to accounting, finance, operations, compliance, and information technology systems. Lead discussions with all levels of management to engage management in the process to develop and perform a risk-based approach. Collaborate with key stakeholders in the organization, including the Finance, IT, and Legal organizations and business process owners, to drive process and quality improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop cross functional, cross business unit, global technology audit program which focuses on significant enterprise risks and Audit Committee and executive leadership priorities.
- Proactively engage functional and business unit partners to understand and assess broad implications of the use of technology in business processes and system and application changes throughout the organization.
- Lead multiple on-going audit projects; provide direction, review deliverables, and manage all aspects of the projects.
- Plan, execute, and report on audit procedures, including conducting interviews, reviewing process and transaction flows, testing of transactions and processes, making inquiries and observations, and analyzing trends and results for domestic and international operations with independence, objectivity and a high degree of professionalism.
- Prepare and review materials for management and the Audit Committee with objective analysis and develop recommendations when current practices are not consistent with policies/standard procedures and/or fail to provide required assurance.
- Develop and present creative alternatives and recommended solutions to complex problems, including cross functional processes which involve multiple process owners and stakeholders across multiple systems and locations.
- Identify opportunities for and drive process improvement within Internal Audit team and throughout the organization to create operational efficiencies.
- Support Chief Audit Executive in meeting Internal Audit team objectives, Finance, IT, and Legal functional objectives, and Company-wide strategic initiatives.
- Conduct ad-hoc audits and investigations as requested by management and the Audit Committee.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with external auditors and management to support completion of annual audit plan and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance.
- Lead, develop, and coach the Internal Audit team. Set individual goals aligned with Company and Internal Audit team objectives. Monitor progress to Company, team, and individual goals.
- Assist in the evaluation of the Company's risk profile and performance of annual and ad hoc risk assessments to develop a comprehensive internal audit plan.
- Identify and lead special projects to meet team objectives, as necessary.
- Benchmark Company risk management, information technology, and reporting practices against industry peers, other Fortune 500 companies, and Twin Cities counterparts. Provide recommendations for process improvements to be considered by management.
- Monitor changes in regulations that may have an impact on the Company and proactively provide alternative solutions.
- Strong analytical ability to evaluate, assess, and benchmark IT control environments inherited through the Company's continued M&A activities.
- BS/BA required,degree in Accounting, MIS, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in financial statement and/or IT audit, including IT security experience
- 2+ years at the management level
- Extensive experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and COSO integrated framework
- Manufacturing and/or technology industry experience preferred
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA certification(s) preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in auditing principles, practices, and procedures to complete complex projects
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record of implementing change effectively and timely
- Proven experience working and communicating effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions and across cultures
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience with technical report writing and advanced grammar proficiency
- Proficiency in developing creative and effective presentation materials using various mediums
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, presentation and communication skills; ability to notice and attend to even minor details, prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and execute sound decision making
- Demonstrated strong personal drive, initiative, and persistence
- Self-starter with the flexibility to work independently or in a group environment, utilizing a hands-on approach and indirect influence skills to drive results
- Standard, fast-paced office environment
- Travel required, may include international locations (10-25%)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, IT Internal Audit
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US