Digital & Information Services Intern – Product Team, Summer 2020
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3489
Requisition Number: 14380BR
Digital & Information Services Intern - Product Team, Summer 2020
Similar titles: software development, process manager, UX/UI.
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Digital & Information Services Internship Program (D&ISIP) offers you the unique opportunity to accelerate your career development, business knowledge, and leadership skills throughout your 12-week experience.
We lead the way in the powersports industry with technology that is driving new products, cutting edge manufacturing processes, and services that support the Polaris lifestyle. We are engaged with in-vehicle infotainment, machine learning, 3D modeling, and IoT integration. With today's advances in technology and information services, Polaris is committed to remaining an industry leader.
As a D&IS - Product Team Intern with a digital focus, you can gain exposure to the following disciplines:
- User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) Design
- Optimization and Testing
- Full Stack Web Development
- 3D Modeling
Digital is best suited for graduates in majors related to User Experience Research and Design, Human Computer Interaction, Social Computing, Software Development or User Interface.
As a D&IS Intern - Product Team Intern with a Software Development focus, you will gain exposure to the following disciplines:
- Full Stack Web Development
- Cloud & On-Premises Software Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
As a D&IS Intern - Product Team Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of Polaris Business Units in the following roles:
- Business Analyst/Product Ownership
- Project Management/Scrum and Waterfall
- Value Stream Manager
Internship location is determined by business need. D&IS- Product Team interns are typically placed in any of the following locations: Plymouth, MN, Medina, MN.
Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on graduation date eligibility.
Polaris offers both financial housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify. Intern responsibilities include:
- Transportation to/from office
- Securing housing for the duration of the internship
- Attending Polaris' Development Training in Minnesota as an opportunity to meet with leaders and other interns from across the company
- Currently pursuing an undergrad or graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, User Experience Research and Design, Human Computer Interaction, Social Computing, Software Development, User Interface, Information Systems Management, Business Administration/Management or related degree
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Able to complete full 12-week internship working 40 hours per week (May/June-August 2020)
- Geographic flexibility
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Digital & Information Services Intern – Product Team, Summer 2020
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US