Senior Director, Engineering Software Excellence
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3552
Requisition Number: 14514BR
Sr. Director, Engineering Software Excellence
A key global engineering leadership position responsible for leading Software development excellence within the In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), Connected, and App/Web development teams. This leader will oversee and manage the various multi-site software engineering teams and agile processes that combine to produce the full customer-facing Ride Command software stack - including the on-vehicle display software, cloud software, companion application software, and user portal software. This team works together closely with the Digital Design & Experience team and the IVI Hardware team to produce a seamless user experience across each of the customer touch points of the Polaris Ride Command ecosystem. In addition, this team engages and delivers results to nearly all of Polaris' product lines including Off-Road Vehicles, Snow, Motorcycle, Slingshot, Commercial, Government & Defense and Parts, Garments & Accessories. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Polaris' Connected, Electrical and Software (CES) team.
- Lead multiple software/ firmware teams and agile processes across multiple locations
- Collect, manage and deliver against software system level functional requirements
- Create, deploy and execute a SW excellence process that appropriately captures the required balance of agile and waterfall development needs
- Ensure programs meet design requirements and are delivered on schedule and budget.
- Implement SW development metrics. Establish and predict velocity.
- Anticipate technical, schedule and cost risks, implement countermeasures and plans to achieve.
- Defines, creates and implements diagnostics, plans to debug and resolve issues.
- Attract, develop and retain a competent and engaged global software/ firmware staff.
- Estimate scope of work, cost and schedule of key development programs while offering high value and ability to hit Say:Do ratio.
- Collaborate and direct third-party software/ firmware development staff as appropriate
- Key contributor to monthly Product Development Councils (PDCs) charted with strategic planning
- Partner with technology focused Chief Engineers on pre-development activities to stay ahead of competition.Anticipate and exceed customer needs.
- Build positive team environment with high engagement and team effectiveness across multiple locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, or Software Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) embedded systems highly preferred
- Demonstrated competency in high-level software architecture for connected systems (cloud, web, mobile, embedded).
- Demonstrated competency (10+years) running/directing agile software teams (multi-location)
- Experience in program management, agile product ownership and launch.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Demonstrated success is collaborating, communicating and developing partnerships across multiple sites
- Bias for action; Solution oriented
- Willing to travel to multiple locations.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Engineering Software Excellence
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US