Senior Staff Thermal Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3555
Requisition Number: 14519BR
Polaris is currently looking for a Senior Staff Thermal Engineer to join our Central Engineering Team, located in Wyoming, MN. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our product development teams providing technical expertise on thermal management in the development of vehicles. This role is for a hands-on person, who is well connected in industry, has great attention to detail and deep knowledge of Thermal Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides leadership and technical expertise in the design process focused on thermal management of on-road and off-road vehicles
· Influences and steers technical teams on proper approach and design for thermal management
· Participates in technical reviews across product groups providing guidance on technical specifications, designs, material selection and validation methods.
· Performs industry research and benchmarking of best practices related to thermal design and material selection.
· Identifies safety improvement opportunities and works with system peer teams to implement.
· Provides support and guidance for component and product validation.
· Assists with the investigation of product related issues when needed.
· Facilitates root cause analyses.
· Assists with many fast pace projects across multiple product groups.
· Additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Required - Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or similar field.
· 8+ years of experience in an engineering design, development, or testing role in thermal management of vehicles using internal combustion engines. Prefer addition of electric powertrain knowledge/experience.
· Expert knowledge of thermal shielding materials for exhaust systems and surrounding vehicle components.
· Understand thermal management of internal combustion engines. In addition, prefer knowledge of electric powered vehicles.
· Experience in using CFD as predictive tool for thermal management relative to cooling, exhaust, and engine compartments in vehicles.
· Prefer experience using DFMEA's and/or PFMEA's in product development.
· Fast-paced office environment.
· Occasional travel may be required (primarily between Polaris facilities, but may include other travel in the U.S. or internationally).
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Thermal Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US