Vehicle Control-Systems Engineer, Electrified & Autonomous Systems
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3639
Requisition Number: 14663BR
As the Electrified Controls Systems Engineer in our Global Electrification organization you will be a pivotal member of our team; designing, developing, and validating the controls (software & hardware) architecture to ensure system level performance requirements are achieved efficiently & effectively with a focus on flexibility & evolution. This includes controls system development, validation, & requirement decomposition to components for applications across multiple Polaris product lines.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Works with the other core electrified powertrain team members to understand the current and future needs of various Polaris product lines for electrified controls; addresses these needs by leading the design/development of the controls architecture & roadmap (core electrified powertrain team includes Systems Analysis Engineer, Systems Calibration Engineer, Control-Systems Engineer, & the overall Chief Architect)
- Develops & documents controls systems requirements & allocates/decomposes them to components/controllers; develops controls systems design guidelines, best practices, and other processes, tools, & templates; works with validation team to develop & document system & vehicle-level validation plans/procedures for the control system
- Works with the Cybersecurity team to develop secure architectures that continue to evolve as needed to ensure security as system complexity & threats evolve
- Works with EE Systems teams to align roadmaps/strategies and share knowledge including design guidelines, best practices, tools & methods
- Interfaces with component/controller development engineers, vendor(s), and other cross-functional Polaris team members as needed for component/module development, ensuring system-level functionality is met
- Interfaces with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to ensure all functionality is compatible (e.g. for service tools, etc.)
- Works with validation team to ensure on bench/vehicle controls system validation of HW and SW is completed; executes validation as needed
- Optimizes controls system design and manages re-use to serve multiple product lines and functionality requirements with focus on our strategic roadmap
- Updates various teams on controls development schedule/status (written & verbal)
- Other duties as required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
1. B.S. or higher in Electrical, Computer, or applicable Engineering required
2. Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required; experience with, or understanding of, MATLAB/Simulink is preferred
3. Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low-level software verification, and related documentation required.
4. Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired.
5. Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
6. Experience with Electric and Hybrid Powertrain vehicle control strategies is required.
7. Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required, including familiarity with electrical schematic drawing evaluation and use of electrical tools such as oscilloscopes & multimeters
8. Experience with communication networks required, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred
9. Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management preferred.
10. Experience in project management strongly preferred
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Vehicle Control-Systems Engineer, Electrified & Autonomous Systems
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US