Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3646
Requisition Number: 14263BR
This role is responsible for all service activities related to the specified product line(s). This person will lead the cross functional service team, actively participate in all new product development (Polaris Development Process - PDP) activities, and will lead all field campaign execution tasks related to released products. This position acts as the liaison between Technical Service and Design Engineering to evaluate the serviceability and maintainability of products during design. They will identify service concerns for new products and recommend adjustments to design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead the serviceability and maintainability aspects of new product development
• Lead all aspects of service readiness and support for the assigned product line(s)
• Simplify the serviceability of the assigned product line(s) such that they are maintenance free or can easily be serviced by the consumer or dealer, resulting in technicians being able to diagnose issues quickly and accurately, resulting in "fixing it fast" and "fixing it right the first time"
• Publish a finalized version of the Serviceability Specification at or before Gate 2 on all new projects that has been reviewed and agreed upon by the entire cross functional team. To accomplish this task ensure that Service is an active member of all new project teams starting at or shortly after Gate 1.
• Represent the Service Department on all product development projects; provide information on new product development with regard to service
• Work with Design Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering to eliminate service issues during design; maintain expertise about PDP, service technologies, manufacturing processes, quality processes, and the design process
• Ensure flat rates are available for new products and that they are kept up to date for all products
• Serve as THE go to person for all assigned product line(s) serviceability and maintainability issues (new product development and existing field issues)
• Provide input to owner's, service, and parts manuals, as well as other product technical resources such as dealer training material
• Lead development of special tools required to service the specified product line(s)
• Work with Electrical Engineering to ensure Polaris Digital Wrench diagnostic software is updated to support new and existing products
• Attend and be an active member of all assigned product line(s) team meetings
2. Lead bulletin/field campaign execution and service related communications
• Represent the Service Department in Post Sales Surveillance activities to identify potential issues for the assigned product line(s)
• Recommend cost effective plans to resolve field issues as the expert on all available methods of internal and external communications to the dealer network
• Maintain communication with Technical Service, Warranty, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality, communicating information on product problems
• Manage all aspects of the Bulletin Field Execution Process
• Provide assistance to help resolve escalated customer and dealer inquiries
• Assist with procurement credits from vendors
• Obtain an industry leading position in PP100 (for serviceability) and dealership service NPS scores
• Responsible for special projects and reports for maintaining a high quality service reputation for Polaris products and for maintaining good customer relations
• Work within the Technical Service and Warranty team to standardize service processes
• Maintain comprehensive service knowledge of Polaris products
• Other responsibilities, as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor's degree in engineering
• 5 - 7 years of engineering experience
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Proficient at Excel and data presentation
• Project management experience
• Strong product and industry knowledge
• Customer contact and knowledge of retail service operations
• Strong mechanical background and practical experience
• Experience in the manufacturing environment
• General office environment, interacting with the engineering design team
• Significant interaction with dealers and customers
• Some Travel
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Service Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US