Market Development Manager-1
Location: Open, US
Job Number: 3652
Requisition Number: 14719BR
The Business Development Manager is responsible for building and elevating the capabilities of the Polaris Motorcycle dealer netwok to deliver industry leading customer experience and dealer profitability. The Market Development Manager will partner with existing dealers to drive profitable growth and recruit and onboard new, high performing dealers to fufill consumer demand in critical markets. Additionally, the Market Development Manager will develop key market plans to maximize opportunities in top markets and ensure implemention of market plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverage and translate understanding of the 5 Profit Centers of a MC dealership to elevate the abilities of new and existing dealer partners
- In partnership with dealers, develop, and ensure execution of dealer action plans to improve processes to improve dealer profitability.
- Promote and drive implementation of key industry bench marks proven to increase dealer profitability
- Evaluate current dealership business processes and operations to idenitify opportunities for improvement and growth
- Utilize data based decision making and analytical skills to provide recommendations based on sales productivity, dealership efficiency and profitability
- Support dealer partners in driving improvement by providing the tools, resources and training support necessary to implement identified changes
- Drive participation in 20 clubs to support and promote opportunities for dealership improvement
- Evaluate key markets for dealer improvement opportunities
- Establish and execute market plans to meet division goals
- Develop and follow through with dealer improvement and action plans
Recruit and Building the Network
- Build and execute recruitment plans for critical markets inclusive of top prospect targets as well as key milestones and timelines
- Be the face of the Polaris MC division to high potential prospects and sell in the Polaris MC business model
- Develop and sell-in prospective dealer plans to division leadership
- Manage the on-boarding process for new dealers inclusive of critical systems, standard operating procedures, sales process and retail readiness
- Create and manage the execution of realistic and achievable dealer action plans
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of consultative sales experience required, Small business or Powersports industry experience a plus
- Must posess ability to consult existing businesses as well as recruit new prospects.
- Open to change and ambiguity - ability to identify barriers to success and develop solutions to overcome
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and demonstrate effective time management while managing multiple project plans in order to meet established deadlines
- Strong business acumen and ability to comprehend a P&L statement
- Capable of influencing without authority within independent business environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data based decisions
- Ability to work autonomously while taking direction/guidance from manager and senior team members and communicating results and improvement recommendations to manager and senior team members.
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Extensive travel within large geography covering assigned territory key prospect markets of up to 80%.
- Home office environment with support from corporate
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Market Development Manager-1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Open, US