Validation Engineer - ORV
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3675
Requisition Number: 14757BR
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and complete the DVP&R for Off road vehicle programs assigned.
- Lead the durability portion of the DVP&R throughout the program.
- Lead the testing of integrated systems and full vehicle level testing.
- Be a resource to systems engineers to collect data or test design improvements for the resolution of issues found during testing.
- Field test planning, support, and issue resolution.
- Help with the creation of documents, processes, and procedures for testing and validation of off-road products.
- Communication of the DVP&R status to project team and management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related engineering fields.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experienced with data processing and collection using AIM & Edaq or similar.
- Electrical component test experience preferred
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experienced with test planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of field and lab testing with reliability metrics and targets.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Title to be based on previous relevant experience
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Travel up to 10%.
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Validation Engineer - ORV
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US