System Admin, ITOM
Location: India, IN
Job Number: 3713
Requisition Number: 14854BR
System Admin, ITOM
IS Infrastructure Manager
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's Windows Server, VMware Server and NetApp shared storage environments which includes designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. In addition to supporting the day-to-day operations this individual will also be responsible for assisting the Developer, Application, and DBA teams with new system design, implementation and testing of mission critical business systems. This individual will also act as a mentor to other systems administrators, providing technical expertise and by-example leadership to the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, upgrade and monitor the Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Configuration and maintenance of VMware server environment.
- Configuration and maintenance of the storage area network.
- Configuration and maintenance of HP server hardware.
- Implementing and monitoring server security and access.
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server infrastructure.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies; make recommendations to improve the current server infrastructure.
- Lead projects to upgrade or migrate infrastructure systems and services, and contribute to the engineering of new
- systems and re-engineering of existing systems.
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements, quickly and correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware, software and
- Prepare proposals, cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies for management review and consideration.
- Provide technical assistance and direction to other team members.
- Provide remote support for our global operations.
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
Monitor, react, resolve, and prevent global IT system issues across the board. Primarily performing Incident and Alert Management in a Helpdesk environment Secondary responsibilities include Change Request Management (project work) in a Helpdesk environment Provide remote support for our global operations Provide on call support as required (evenings and weekends based on an on call rotation schedule) Experience in Installing, Upgrading, Supporting Windows Server operating systems including Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016 with a focus/expertise on Windows Server 2012/2016 Monitoring, Supporting and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server operating systems using technologies such as SCOM 2012/2016(Microsoft System Center Operations Manager) and Splunk monitoring tools Patch and Application Deployments to Microsoft Windows Server operating systems using technologies such as SCCM 2012/1706(Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager) Configuration and maintenance of infrastructure systems and applications with a focus on HP and Cisco server hardware, VMware, NetApp, Citrix, Microsoft Office 365, and others. Recommend, plan and implement changes and enhancements to global IT infrastructure. Research vendor products to determine those which best meet the company needs, Provides recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware, software and networking equipment that will support current or future business needs. Drive automation of specific daily work tasks using PowerShell and other scripting technologies
*Note: Although you may be involved in some new systems deployment work from time to time, your primary focus will be on Operations Management.
- Team player
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff in difficult or conflictive situations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to motivate others and to mentor more junior staff, preferably in a team leadership role.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or 16yrs+ equivalent education.
- 5-7 years' experience in server and storage support.
- MCSE and/or VCP certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required
- 6-10 years' experience working within an IT environment.
- Demonstrated experience in many areas of Infrastructure
- Ability to deal collaboratively, diplomatically, and successfully with customers, co-workers and other professional colleagues, managers, and staff.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, management and business personnel
- Excellent problem-solving skills while providing first class customer service
- ITIL Certified
- International business experience
- Breadth of industry and sector experiences manufacturing, retail, etc
- Standard office environment
- Working in Shift
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: System Admin, ITOM
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: India, IN