Staff Engineer – Powertrain Engineer - NPI
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 3737
Requisition Number: 14887BR
- Supervise the global team (plan 2-4 direct reports) of PT NPI staff
- Execute standards in existing plants (new powertrain equipment and processes)
- Partner with operations and engineering leadership in the development of new product manufacturing powertrain recommendations, preliminary manufacturing plans and pre-production schedules
- Lead key components of initial design reviews:
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing process flow, methods, and standards.
- Defines tooling and fixturing needs necessary to deliver programs with the highest-level of safety, quality, productivity.
- Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Lead key components of validation review:
- Review and assess powertrain manufacturing feasibility and readiness
- Develop and validate PFMEA's
- Assess supplier readiness for equipment and tooling
- Receive, install, validate, and trouble shoot manufacturing equipment
- Conduct pre-production build assessments:
- Tooling and equipment readiness
- Product readiness and manufacturing feasibility
- Process readiness
- Material handling and warehouse readiness
- BS/MS in Engineering and/or Manufacturing. Masters recommended and preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Ability and willingness to travel 15%-30% of time (including international travel - especially Monterrey Mexico)
- 2+ years relevant supervisory experience
- 2+ years experience directly supporting or supervising manufacturing operations
- Understanding of powertrain related manufacturing processes and requirements
- Experience in technical specifications, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification of equipment/tooling
- Strong experience in project management - plan, develop and execute
- Passion to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Continuous Improvement and Root Cause analysis
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to identify and solve complex technical problems
- Excellent creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and time management skills
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Engineer – Powertrain Engineer - NPI
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US