Electrical Engineer- Controller Validation
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3742
Requisition Number: 14916BR
As a Controller Validation Engineer, you will develop validation plans, and in some cases perform the testing, for controllers used on all Polaris vehicles. The validation plans will be used to test the robustness of Polaris vehicle controllers for correct functionality.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Leads the creation of validation plans for control modules used on all Polaris vehicles
- Works with Lead Control System Engineers to understand required control module functionality
- Reviews required control module functionality to ensure testability is achievable
- Document the tests that need to be run to validation control modules
- Designs and plans the test setup for control modules Create software tools to allow validation plan execution
- Traces validation plan to required control module functionality
- Manages execution of, or in some cases executes, the validation plan for new software releases to meet prove required software functionality and meet project timelines
- Issues resolution for issues found during validation execution Communication of validation plan status to project team and management
- Other duties as required
- B.S. or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering required
- Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication preferred.
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low level software verification, and related documentation required.
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management required.
- Experience in project management strongly preferred
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer- Controller Validation
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US