Senior Electrical Engineer- Control Modules
Location: Novi, Michigan US
Job Number: 3767
Requisition Number: 14970BR
Do you find hands-on, technical controller development motivating? Do you want to influence the direction of the next Polaris power sports product? Then we have an opportunity for you!
As an Electrical Engineer - Control Modules in our Connected, Electronics, and Software (CES) Team organization you will be a pivotal member of our team; designing, developing, calibrating, and validating the software and hardware aspects of electronic control modules. This includes control algorithms, diagnostics, and communications for control modules, including but not limited to: engine controllers, body controllers, power steering controllers, and brake system controllers. The modules are used across multiple Polaris product lines and this opportunity provides a unique, hands-on, opportunity to influence the future direction of Polaris products.
In most cases, the design will be at a high level, such as capability requirements, algorithms for the functionality, and you will lead a vendor or internal resources in the development of the controller module design.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Works with the product team's electrical engineers to understand and decompose vehicle system level requirements into controller hardware and software requirements.
- Document hardware, software requirements, and validation tests using Integrity (a requirement and software development database application).
- Interfaces with vendor(s) and Polaris Purchasing as needed for component/module development, ensuring quality is met.
- Interfaces with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to ensure all functionality is compatible.
- Performs calibration of the controller as needed.
- Manages on bench/vehicle control module validation of HW and SW including interfacing with technicians for execution
- Optimizes controller design and manages re-use to serve multiple product lines and functionality requirements with the shortest design cycle times possible
- Updates team on controller development schedule/status to clarify deliverable expectations
- Other duties as required
- B.S. or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering required.
- Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low level software verification, and related documentation required.
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management preferred.
- Experience in project management strongly preferred
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Electrical Engineer- Control Modules
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Novi, Michigan US