Application Support Analyst
Location: India, IN
Job Number: 3769
Requisition Number: 14963BR
Application Support Analyst
As an Application Support Analyst with Polaris your job will be to offer outstanding customer support for all current global business applications. Our customers are located primarily in the Americas, so you will need to be comfortable working non-traditional hours to overlap with US time zones (12:30 - 21:30 IST). This is a unique opportunity for you to take part in Polaris' next step as we continue to build up our technology services in Bangalore. In this position you will gain a deep understanding of both the applications you support, and the technologies used to bring our applications to life. You will handle complex tickets and emails, respond to customer problems in a concise and timely manner and find appropriate solutions. Your responsibilities will include reviewing outstanding issues and completing appropriate hand-offs while ensuring excellent communication and service quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
System and User Support
- Help resolve software and technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively
- Gather the required information necessary to best handle customer software and technical inquiries
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate
- Learn the fundamentals of the supported business areas
- Partner with Technical Support team members on various strategic projects when needed
- Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status
- Monitor and recommend improvements on existing business applications based on data collected from support services
- Train users on system processes and changes
- Perform other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position; Translate business issues into technology requirements
- Promote new service offerings such as Training, self-service knowledge bases, SME networks to client groups
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Proven complex problem solving / management skills and a strong eye for detail
- 5+ years' experience in a general IT environment within a corporate setting
- Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills
- 2+ years' experience in a Service Desk / Customer Service environment
- Flexible, co-operative and resilient
- Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
- Experience working within an on-shore / off-shore support environment
- Ability to build strong relationships in a multi-cultural environment across all levels within IT
- Logical, able to think outside the box
- Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- 2+ years' experience supporting applications on the AS400/iSeries/IBMi platform for custom applications and ERP systems
- Exhibit leadership behavior whichsupportsthe business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Previous experience inhigh availability / mission critical applicationsupport
- Strong knowledge in ITIL practices in the area of Incident, Change and Problem management.
- Experience using ServiceNow or other similar issue tracking system
- Experience with packaged software and custom software development (Infor XA/MAPICS, Red Prairie WMS, JDA, ASI, Powerlink, CRM 365 and Dynamics AX)
- Experience with manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, and supply chain business processes.
- RPGLE, CLLE experience.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Application Support Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: India, IN