Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2957
Requisition Number: 13171BR
Assist maintenance supervisor supportingplant production through installation, modification, and troubleshooting of plant electrical systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical on production equipment and facility systems.
- Install equipment and assist vendors with new equipment installation and repair, ensuring all work is completed in accordance with the National Electric Codes.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Assist with the design, construction, or modifications to existing facility and equipment
- Work with Project Engineers on facility projects and improvements.
- Specific assignments as directed by the Maintenance Work Order system.
- Make sure all assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Document and update all maintenance work orders completed Maintenance Work Order System
- Work closely on scheduling to make sure planned work orders and emergency calls are getting completed
- Communicate with off shift maintenance personnel to ensure smooth transition of work between shifts
- Perform & support safe and healthy work practices, while strictly following all safety rules and regulations. This includes insuring OSHA compliance in all areas & activities of the maintenance and custodial teams
- Assist in establishing and maintaining maintenance standards and procedures
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area in compliance with 5-Pillar Standards
- Communicates and facilitates effectively to maintain a positive work environment and anengaged workforce
- Perform special projects as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Construction plans, blueprints and electrical specifications knowledge sufficient to interpret, modify and follow them to complete the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety guidelines, procedures and policies related to maintenance and repair (such as Lock Out/Tag Out, OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour training)
- EAM experience / Computer skills
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) a plus
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with little supervision
- High integrity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Working towards a 2-yeartechnical degree in electrical technology
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrician Intern
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US