Manufacturing Engineer - NPI Weld
Location: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX
Job Number: 3871
Requisition Number: R016828
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Be a part of the future!
- Lead the drive to successfully launch future Polaris products
- Operate cross-functionally and globally with a diverse team
- Communicate with all levels of the company
- Enjoy the challenges and opportunities that come with being a part of a fast-paced, performance-driven, and growing organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead weld engineer for successful launch of future Polaris products across multiple vehicles and platforms.
- Develop, implement, and validate weld processes across multiple types of material and welding technologies.
- Drive quality and safety into product launches through the use of PFMEA and DFA/M.
- Operate as the primary launch weld lead working cross-functionally between both assembly plants and engineering team.
- Identify and Execute capital equipment, tooling, and processes required to successfully launch new products meeting Polaris standards.
- Responsible to provide critical input and support all milestone reviews to management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE& EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS/MS in Engineering or related degree
- 5+ years of experience in weld engineering or related field
- Flexibility to travel as required [10 -20%] to manufacturing locations both domestic and international
- Robust technical problem solving skills .
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with documenting and conveying technical information.
- Process experience with a subset of various vehicle component commodities such as plastics; weld; painting; and powertrain.
- Strong program management skills with the ability to lead multiple programs at the same time.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally and interface with all levels of the organization both internally and externally. Experience in technical specifications, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification Strong experience in project management - plan, develop and execute
Ability and willingness to travel extensively 10-20% of time, including international travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: Nuevo Leon
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer - NPI Weld
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX