Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3877
Requisition Number: R017283
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the development of market and product definition for new product program reviews, including consumer needs and inputs, market trends, competitive data/intel, business case inputs, volume projections.
- Engage with end customers, study use cases and behaviors that impact buying decisions. Coordinate market research as appropriate. Also track and monitor customer satisfaction data & trends.
- Deliver prioritized VOC to the Engineering team so they can make market/customer-based design trade-offs.
- Lead model sheet planning, documentation, and communication so that accurate BOM's can be created for assigned products.
- Lead specification sheet documentation and communication so that accurate descriptions of products can be presented to dealers, consumers and regulatory agencies.
- Serve as key interface for Marketing inputsincluding content development. Review brochures, web info, press kit information for accuracy.
- Develop and maintain key competitive segment analysis & summaries - specs, capabilities, timing, pricing.
- Lead and coordinate graphics reviews, including definition, planning, scheduling and documentation
- Recommend changes, improvements, or deletions in current products.
- Coordinate plans for new accessories that support the target customer applications with the PG&A product team.
- Represent division and company at various industry events including dealer/DSM meetings, trade association meetings, and promotional events.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business required. MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience minimum of relevant B2B sales and marketing or product development experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Polaris Senior Management, to members of the press to dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Team Player that is able to work well across and up and down the organization.
- Strong customer focus. Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques a plus.
- Experience selling/marketing products through distribution channels
- Standard office environment. Regular trips to Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Some travel 15-25% will be required primarily throughout US, Canada and Mexico, occasionally overseas.
- 50% travel between our Medina, MN office and Wyoming, MN office will be required on a regular basis
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US