Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 3881
Requisition Number: R016160
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Generates CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
• Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
• Prepares complex design, drafting, and layout drawings using Creo.
• Create specifications, complete the design, and analyze structural components and assemblies in support of the development and refinement of off-road vehicles
• Identifying early potential failure modes for a product by using DFMEA tool IQRM to assess the risk associated with those failure modes, to rank the issues in terms of importance and to identify carry out corrective actions to address the most serious concerns and Preventing design process mistakes.
• Develop design processes to maximize structural efficiencies.
• Mentor and support the development of other engineers.
• Performs engineering calculations, clearance checks, tolerance stacks, and other engineering analysis.
• Develop technology insertion plans to support light weight designs.
• Develop standard work processes and procedures for the design and analysis of structures.
• Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
• SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 8+ years of experience in the design and analysis of structures in an industry applicable to off-road vehicles is required
• Deep understanding of structures design, analysis, manufacturing, and validation activities
• Proven track record of successful project execution and continuous improvement
• Analytically strong with ability to organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and efficiency
• Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
• Strong organizational skills and experience influencing other leaders
• Significant experience in product development
• Experience with Ansys or similar FEA is strongly preferred
• Experience with bolted joint analysis, GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, and engineering standards is required
• Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
• Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
• Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Working conditions:
• Fast paced office environment.
• Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
• International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN