Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 3881
Requisition Number: R016160
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for leading the design process for Off Road Vehicle (ORV) doors and enclosures from concept through validation, and into production. Systems Engineer will support new product development (NPD) by executing against the ORV product plan, and provide advanced technical solutions to meet the consumer's needs. This role will focus heavily on vehicle design and integration including design with tubes, stampings, castings, plastics, rubber extrusions, glass, mechanisms, and integration of commercially available commodities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares preliminary sketches, CAD models, and layouts.
- • Prepares reports using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- • Prepares complex design, drafting, and layout drawings using Creo.
- • Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, and cost goals.
- • Assess design for manufacturing (DFM) to ensure designs are manufacturable.
- • Assess design for assembly (DFA) to ensure designs can be assembled.
- • Performs engineering calculations.
- • Performs clearance checks, tolerance stacks, and other engineering analysis.
- • Identify early potential failure modes for a product by using DFMEA
- • Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System (Windchill).
- Participates in and helps prepare design reviews on assigned project.
- • Creates and maintains system engineering standards, specifications and lessons learned.
- • Closely works with Lead Engineer to develop the system requirements into proven functions with the right quality within minimum time, and with cost effective solutions.
- • Coordinate design team activity.
- • Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- • B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- • 8+ years design engineering experience related to doors or cab enclosures.
- • Experience with 3-D CAD modeling package required, Creo (Pro/Engineer) preferred.
- • Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software required.
- • Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package preferred.
- • Proficient in designing new components from an industrial design rendering or sketch.
- • Working knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
- • Proficient in performing tolerance stack-up evaluations.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Proficient in English.
- • Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- • Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
- • Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- • Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- • Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- • Fast paced office environment.
- • Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
- • International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN