Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 3888
Requisition Number: R014948
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for leading the design of driveline and related components for Off-Road Vehicles (ORV). Work closely with Systems Engineers to ensure designs meet, cost, schedule, and performance deliverables while also spending a portion of time concepting next-generation designs to accelerate the process for future programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CAD layout and design of industry leading ORV driveline systems.
- Plunge and Angle driveline analysis
- Conduct Propshaft phasing analysis
- Assign appropriate GD&Tand perform tolerance stack-up analysis
- Conduct system clearance studies to assure design is within standard part to part clearance criteria.
- Support development of new ORV driveline technologies under supervision of Sr. Systems Engineer.
- Create and maintain component level driveline design guidelines and best practice documents.
- Work with System Team to define project assignments, goals and system specifications.
- Network with and support CAD needs of driveline systems engineers to analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Provide supporting information and details to driveline systems engineers for all relevant design reviews.
- Preliminary bolted joint analysis and sizing.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years design and development experience in an O.E.M. environment preferred.
- Understanding and experience with driveline components including gears, specification of splines, shafts, bearings, transmission cases and CVTs clutching preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of driveline related component manufacturing processes including casting, forging, machining, hobbing, honing, shaping, grinding, molding, stamping, heat treating, plating and powder metal preferred.
- Prefer experience interpreting results from FEA.
- 5+ years of related design experience using an advanced CAD software (Creo, CATIA, NX)
- Experience with GD&T, dimensional stack-ups and FMEA preferred.
- Experience with system specifications preferred.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action with a strong attention to details.
- Mechanical background, outside of CAD, highly preferred (ex. Welding, fabricating, machine shop experience)
- Quality and customer focused.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint experience required.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN