Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3911
Requisition Number: R016484
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: The Telecom Administrator is responsible for the administration, monitoring, and stability of voice, presence, video, and telephony network services across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot voice and video environment at domestic and international sites
- Perform analysis and capacity planning to ensure performance and scalability of the voice and video environment
- Maintain system documentation
- Assist in the planning, design, and implementation of the overall corporate voice and video infrastructure
- Study vendor products to determine those which best meet the company needs
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software
- Evaluate new products/technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations
- Prepare proposals, cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies
- Design, configure, implement document and maintain Cisco voice solutions including Call Manager, Call Center Express, Unity Connection, and voice Gateways
- Design, implement and maintain additional voice solutions such as Unified Messaging, IPCC Express, IP IVR, Mobility, and Presence
- Troubleshoot and problem solve within the Cisco UC environment to ensure highly available systems and expeditious incident resolution
- Perform Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning in Voice environment to minimize work disruption
- Management of PSTN services and service providers, working closely with the telecommunications team to manage service providers, leased lines, 800 service, DID pools, Wireless Service, and various other systems and services
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required
- 3 to 4 years of Cisco video experience required
- 3 to 4 years of A/V experience required
- Requires advanced knowledge of Cisco VoIP and Video Technologies
- Must have solid understanding of A/V technologies such as Crestron programming, HDMI, commercial televisions
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of management as well as with Polaris' vendors
- Must have Cisco Unified Communications including Call Manager, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Video, Cisco TMS.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with PSTN connectivity standards (PRI, CAS, POTS, E&M, SIP)
- Preferred knowledge in SIP, SIP-T, H323, SCCP, MGCP, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, H.264, G711Ulaw, and G.729a/b.
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking equipment required
- Preferred Knowledge of Carrier Based SIP Trunking technologies and Session Border Controllers
- Experience with business and functional requirements collection
- Experience with large scale MPLS and Unified Communications deployments
- Experience with architecture, design, and implementation of Cisco video technologies
- Working knowledge of Mersive Solstice wireless devices
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues in video and A/V environments
- Good understanding of the Cisco Unified Communications Platform, IP Telephony, and telecommunications design
- Knowledge of programming fundamentals and scripting languages
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to team with others to develop and implement
- Domestic and international travel as required
- Some nonstandard hours including nights and weekends on occasion
- Standard office setting
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Video/Telecom Administrator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US