Digital Product Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3912
Requisition Number: R016471
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
We are seeking a Digital Product Manager to help advance Polaris' capabilities and provide our customers with a world-class digital customer experience (mobile, web, in-person). As a Digital Product Manager you will drive digital customer experience roadmaps and have direct ownership and accountability in our digital transformation. You will contribute to the company's broader vision in digital customer experience by challenging and extending our thinking to ensure that we're doing right both by our customers and our business. You will bring a unique blend of business, technical and user experience savvy, a big-picture vision and a true focus on your customer to make that vision a reality. You'll be responsible for defining, planning, and lifecycle management for digital product feature sets within the digital customer experience portfolio. You will lead and connect the design and delivery of digital functionality that maximizes customer satisfaction, increases revenue, and enhances Polaris brands. This role is inherently cross-functional; you'll be gathering and prioritizing customer and business needs and working closely with business leadership, marketing, technology, engineering, sales and customer support. To achieve this, you must be capable of driving multiple initiatives, focusing on details while not losing sight of the big picture, while delivering the intended. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. A successful candidate fosters a growth mindset and delivers clear results, has high digital acumen, is a change driver and will be customer-focused, analytical, resourceful and team-oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partnering with business leaders on formulation and execution of digital strategy, vision and product roadmap
- Executing against the roadmap to deliver industry-leading digital experiences
- Driving rapid iteration, testing and change to deliver on business goals and KPIs
- Assessing the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends
- Define and evolve the methodology and tools for digital teams
- Resourcing project with matrix reporting digital talent often including selecting and managing vendors
- Creating and managing product budgets and expected results
- Getting Into the Team & Work
- Gathering and synthesizing user needs and product requirements from a variety of sources e.g. analytical analysis, voice of customer, internal business needs and workshop outputs (journey maps, touchpoint analysis, stakeholder maps, sketching, etc.)
- Writes user stories aligned with product vision to right-sized product backlog items, creating clear goals for the product team.
- Coordinates product feedback from internal and external stakeholders to drive product release schedule
- Actively participates in iteration planning and cross product team planning sessions, leads Sprint Reviews, and participates in retrospectives when requested by the team
- Contributes to prioritization, maintains the sprint backlog and performs just-in-time story elaboration with the implementation team
- Manages stakeholder expectations while maintaining an up to date roadmap to be shared with all stakeholders
- Leads and understands the backlog, backlog grooming and daily maintenance of the backlog as a primary function of this role
- Responsible for monitoring product status and feedback in the marketplace
- Leads and works closely with Scrum team to guide, direct, and ensure acceptance criteria is met, while maintaining focus on quality
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years of digital product management or related strategic, digital experience
- Proven track record demonstrating a deep understanding of product life cycle management to take a product idea from conception to release, including new feature and function releases, upgrades, enhancements, etc.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead, collaborate, influence, and coordinate activities in a cross functional, team-oriented environment to deliver technology applications or technical products
- Technical aptitude to evaluate requirements and coordinate with business analysts and developers
- Demonstrated results establishing a product vision and road maps that led to successful business value
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss digital concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated results showing ability to thrive in a growth-driven and fast-paced organization
- Experience with scaling scrum (ex. Scrum@Scale or LeSS) a plus
- Corporate office environment - fast-paced
- Limited travel required
- Operate with minimal supervision
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Product Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US