Chief Information Security Officer
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3917
Requisition Number: R016987
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Cybersecurity program including information security, product security and implement cohesive cybersecurity strategy, policy, assessment, and incident response.
- Collaborates and manages the risk appetite and posture within a highly dynamic environment.
- Defines, implements, and operates prevention techniques.
- Actively monitors environments for threats.
- Leads incident response and remediation.
- Extends beyond Polaris to assess and consult with stakeholders in our partner ecosystem, including agencies, business services firms, technology vendors, and potential business acquisitions.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Digital & Information Services compliance program including SOX, iTAR, PCI, GDPR.
- Includes definition, implementation, operation, and verification of required controls utilized within the Digital and Information Services department.
- Conducts external scanning and manages effective relationships with enforcement agencies, cyber experts, regulatory, privacy and industry experts.
- Significant responsibilities in the Digital & Information Services strategy and the Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Provides enterprise-wide leadership and direction in all areas of information security, cyber risk management, data privacy and security programs. Collaborates with senior leadership throughout the company to effectively resolve security related issues.
- Accountability for efficient and effective daily operations of the Polaris Information Security practice.
- Accountability for the departmental audit preparation and execution, including but not limited to SOX, PCI, iTAR, and GDPR domains.
- Accountability for information security and risk management project implementation, including coordination with technology, operations, and business teams.
- Manage the standard work, artifacts, and processes that enable teammates to be efficient and effective with risk management policies and compliance requirements.
- Provide effective communication, awareness, and training to stakeholders.
- Ensure that internal controls comply with contractual obligations, corporate policies, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide oversight and management on a team of direct reports, indirect reports, external vendors and service providers.
Team Development (15%)
- Active participant in talent processes of selection, development, and management.
- Contributes to the professional development of team members, both formally and informally.
- Collaborates across the enterprise to develop organization competencies and capabilities.
- Visibly demonstrates our Guiding Principles and Polaris Values.
- Designs, establishes and maintains an organizational structure and staffing plan for the Cybersecurity program.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience of risk management, information security and information technology fields. At least 4 years of experience in a senior leadership role. Employment history must demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Proven track record and experience in developing and executing information security policies, procedures, and programs.
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, innovation, problem solving, influencing, organizing and relationship building.
- Strong process discipline in a continuous improvement environment. Experience managing cost center and departmental financial functions like budgets, etc.
- Graduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field required.
- Demonstrated commitments to continuous professional development. Examples may include CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CCSP
- Standard office environment
- Some travel may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Chief Information Security Officer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US