Application Support Analyst
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 3919
Requisition Number: R016881
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Application Support Analyst
Polaris Industries Inc. (PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris Industries Inc. is seeking an experienced Application Support Analyst within the Application Support team of the Polaris IS organization. The team provides Level 2 support for all current global business applications. They manage the day-to-day availability of the applications and assist end users, respond to system alerts, and resolve incidents. The candidate must have strong communication, problem-solving, customer service and technical skills, great teamwork skills and have sound character and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be willing and capable of discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels.They also need to possess good multi-tasking skills and be process orientated.
As an Application Support Analyst with Polaris your job will be to offer outstanding customer support for all current global business applications. Our customers are located primarily in the Americas, so you will need to be comfortable working non-traditional hours to overlap with US time zones (12:30 - 21:30 IST). This is a unique opportunity for you to take part in Polaris' next step as we continue to build up our technology services in Bangalore. In this position you will gain a deep understanding of both the applications you support, and the technologies used to bring our applications to life. You will handle complex tickets and emails, respond to customer problems in a concise and timely manner and find appropriate solutions. Your responsibilities will include reviewing outstanding issues and completing appropriate hand-offs while ensuring excellent communication and service quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
System and User Support
- Help resolve software and technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively
- Gather the required information necessary to best handle customer software and technical inquiries
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate
- Learn the fundamentals of the supported business areas
- Partner with Technical Support team members on various strategic projects when needed
- Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status
- Monitor and recommend improvements on existing business applications based on data collected from support services
- Train users on system processes and changes
- Perform other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position; Translate business issues into technology requirements
- Promote new service offerings such as Training, self-service knowledge bases, SME networks to client groups
Skills, Knowledge & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Proven complex problem solving / management skills and a strong eye for detail
- 5+ years' experience in a general IT environment within a corporate setting
- Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills
- 2+ years' experience in a Service Desk / Customer Service environment
- Flexible, co-operative and resilient
- Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
- Experience working within an on-shore / off-shore support environment
- Ability to build strong relationships in a multi-cultural environment across all levels within IT
- Logical, able to think outside the box
- Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- 2+ years' experience supporting applications on the AS400/iSeries/IBMi platform for custom applications and ERP systems
- Exhibit leadership behavior whichsupportsthe business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Previous experience inhigh availability / mission critical applicationsupport
- Strong knowledge in ITIL practices in the area of Incident, Change and Problem management.
- Experience using ServiceNow or other similar issue tracking system
- Experience with packaged software and custom software development (Infor XA/MAPICS, Red Prairie WMS, JDA, ASI, Powerlink, CRM 365 and Dynamics AX)
- Experience with manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, and supply chain business processes.
- RPGLE, CLLE experience.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Application Support Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN