Admin, Systems Sr
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3920
Requisition Number: R016876
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the Windows Server, VMware and shared storage environments which includes designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for assisting the application, database and developer teams with new system design, implementation and testing of mission- critical business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, design, implement, and optimize datacenter and branch office server/virtualization/storage infrastructures.
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server/virtualization/storage infrastructures.
- Configure new and existing technology solutions according to best practices.
- Manage existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and perform optimally.
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software solutions that will support current or future business needs.
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements quickly, correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to analyze, log, track and resolve complex software/hardware issues pertaining to TCP/IP networks, servers, virtualization, storage and applications to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution.
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures.
- Develop standards and processes for Level 1 and 2 staff.
- Provide remote support for our global operations.
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is required.
- 5 - 7 years of corporate IT experience as a Systems Administrator in a global environment.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting global Microsoft Windows Active Directory networks including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, DFS, GPO and Security.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting storage area networks, rack mount and blade servers and VMware vSphere environments.
- Experience administering and supporting Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts for administration tasks.
- Azure experience, including Azure Active Directory will be considered a strong asset but is not required.
- Maintains and continuously builds upon technical knowledge within areas of expertise.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies is required.
- Certifications in MCSE and/or VCP is preferred
- Standard office environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Admin, Systems Sr
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US