Electrician II (Journeyman or Masters Certification Level)
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3931
Requisition Number: R014705
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical on production equipment and facility systems.
- Install equipment and assist vendors with new equipment installation and repair, ensuring all work is completed in accordance with the National Electric Codes.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Assist with the design, construction, or modifications to existing facility and equipment
- Work with Project Engineers on facility projects and improvements.
- Specific assignments as directed by the Maintenance Work Order system.
- Make sure all assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Document and update all maintenance work orders completed Maintenance Work Order System
- Work closely on scheduling to make sure planned work orders and emergency calls are getting completed
- Communicate with off shift maintenance personnel to ensure smooth transition of work between shifts
- Perform & support safe and healthy work practices, while strictly following all safety rules and regulations. This includes insuring OSHA compliance in all areas & activities of the maintenance and custodial teams
- Assist in establishing and maintaining maintenance standards and procedures
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area in compliance with 5-Pillar Standards
- Communicates and facilitates effectively to maintain a positive work environment and anengaged workforce
- Perform special projects as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- +2 years equivalent electrical experience in amanufacturing environment.
- Construction plans, blueprints and electrical specifications knowledge sufficient to interpret, modify and follow them to complete the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety guidelines, procedures and policies related to maintenance and repair (such as Lock Out/Tag Out, OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour training)
- EAM experience / Computer skills
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) a plus
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with little supervision
- High integrity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
2-yeartechnical degree in electrical technology required MNJourneyman or MasterElectricianlicense required
Occasional off-shift / weekend / holiday / overtime work required
Ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced work environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrician II (Journeyman or Masters Certification Level)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US