Maintenance Tech I
Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 3932
Requisition Number: R014582
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Perform preventative and on-demand maintenance and repair tasks in support of Liquid Paint robotic paint application equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete defined preventative maintenance tasks on schedule and budget.
- Support training and development of other technicians.
- Assist other Liquid Paint technical staff with projects.
- Develop detailed work instructions for maintenance and repair tasks in coordination with Process Technicians.
- Provide support and involvement in developing and implementing preventative maintenance schedules on equipment.
- Maintain and record accurate parts inventory including preparing purchase requests.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Regularly report issues identified and project status to Liquid Paint technical staff and leadership.
- Participate in continuous improvement and 5S activities.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required; "on-call" duty may be required over holidays and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical prints.
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals.
- Ability to read and understand torque specifications.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software packages.
- Must have exceptional mechanical abilities.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and have effective communication skills.
- Must be innovative and open to new ideas.
- Must be able to work at heights of 30+ft.
- Must be able to work in confined areas as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Tech I
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US