Commercial Market Development Manager - Western U.S.
Job Number: 3942
Requisition Number: R1007
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Commercial Market Development Manager plays a critical role on our field sales team identifying high value growth opportunities and translating market insights into actionable business plans. This position is responsible for growing sales, volume, and dealer engagement, and supporting field sales activities in a defined region or customer segment to achieve corporate financial goals, improve channel performance and increase team efficiency. The ideal candidate should possess a proven track record developing highly effective teams, driving growth in complex marketplaces and influencing behavior across an indirect channel model.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive cross-functional field sales initiatives designed to improve the total customer experience, generate incremental demand and deliver profitable growth
- Lead cyclical business and market planning process to define team performance objectives, financial targets and critical business development milestones
- Motivate and coach field sales team to successfully engage and drive influence across an indirect commercial channel
- Work closely with channel account managers and commercial partners to identify high value opportunities, engage strategic prospects and qualify new business leads
- Ensure awareness and train field sales team to leverage market development tools, solution-based sales processes and product capabilities
- Fully utilize a CRM system to monitor and improve pipeline performance; regularly report sales funnel opportunities to leadership team
- Facilitate resolution of dealer and customer issues; ensure internal and external teams are communicating effectively to achieve timely resolution
- Partner with channel development manager and product leadership teams to execute new dealer recruitment plans for key markets with a focus on milestones and timelines
Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in business, marketing, or similar field
- Minimum 5+ years of sales leadership and account management experience
- Strategic business planning, insights and analysis to capture growth opportunities
- Influence and create impact in a highly complex environment
- Communication skills to articulate product positioning and value proposition
- Customer focused, ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinking toward improving channel performance
- Strong bias towards action and execution
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CRM Software
- Remote working location in major metropolitan city in Western U.S.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Market Development Manager - Western U.S.
EEO Employer Verbiage: