Territory Sales Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3943
Requisition Number: R017256
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is looking for highly driven and tactical sales individuals who have passion to drive wholesale within the off-road vehicles division, through strategic partnerships with business units, field sales and our dealers. This role will require execution in exceeding monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue targets through the wholesale of major units, parts, garments, accessories, and oil for a network of roughly 65 dealers.
This role will be solely based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Plymouth, MN and will require successful execution and relationship building over the phone. This is a highly cross-functional role that involves partnering across dealers, Polaris field sales staff, and internal corporate partners to understand market dynamics, competitive moves, strategically and efficiently resolve issues, and meet our business objectives.
This role will be the 'go-to' resource for delivering on the company's revenue commitments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop agendas for and execute daily business meetings with assigned dealers over the phone
- Maintain effective communication, partnership & alignment with 2-3 District Retail Managers to execute on Business Unit priorities and exceed our dealer and consumer expectations
- Consistent daily interaction with a CRM reflecting dealer call take-a-ways and follow up actions needed. Most importantly, provide strategic commentary highlighting improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for building, reviewing and approving model level orders and major unit wholesale targets as well as Parts, Garments & Accessories and Oil revenue targets. This requires a keen understanding of competitive developments, market dynamics and retail trends.
- Develop sell-in presentations, including recommended order and suggestions applicable to market needs, to conduct during business meetings resulting in the right product being in the right place and at the right time
- Responsible for managing the Sell-In Programs for Off-Road Vehicles & Parts, Garments & Accessories.
- Manage all Parts, Garments & Accessories and Oil Solicitations by strategically developing recommended orders for each dealer based on retail history, retail forecasts and opportunity reports for power items.
- Ability to overcome objections through planned countermeasures using objective market and dealer data highlighting the unrealized opportunities.
- Lead and manage sales expansion and introduce new products/services to dealers; this should illustrate improved dealer profitability through their engagement in these products.
- Routinely review results, objective market data and analyze controllable inputs yielding appropriate pre-call evaluation and planning.
- Thoroughly understand our retail and segment velocity and order histories (using provided tools) to develop and provide recommended orders based on market and profit opportunity
- Provide objective and strategic forecasts including countermeasures to improve on any forecast below expectations. Works with business units and management to refine those countermeasures.
- Direct dealers to proper resources, communicate with internal partners, and escalate when appropriate to quickly and effectively resolve issues with win/win solutions
- Develop training and onboarding plans for new dealers to ensure seamless transition for our consumers.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years of strictly field, retail, inside sales, or customer service experience required
- Excellent phone communication skills are required; demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively in remotely-managed relationships (both verbally and in writing)
- Robust numeric and analytical skills, with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; basic knowledge and application of statistics
- Knowledge and experience and/or aptitude working with numerical metrics to address questions with dealers
- Excellent customer service experience and skills
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of a distribution network strategy
- High energy and aptitude for problem solving
- Process-oriented, highly regimented, likes structure
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strongly Preferred - Bachelor's degree in related field preferred (Business, Marketing)
- Powersports Industry Knowledge
- Polaris business and Polaris product knowledge
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris product preferred
- Continuously fast-paced corporate office environment, 95% of business conducted over phone
- Travel required up to 15% for National and Regional sales meetings, territory travel, or customer events with potential for evening and weekend requirements
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Territory Sales Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US