Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3951
Requisition Number: R017270
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Product Planning Manager - RZR
The Product Planning Manager for RZR is responsible for leading the functions of product planning, product management, and product lifecycle management for assigned products within the ORV Division under the direction of the RZR Product Planning Director. The product planning manager coordinates the development of market penetration objectives, product designs, development & cost, product quality, market research, and marketing support along with launch plans to ensure the commercial success of all new products guided by the "Voice of The Customer" (VOC). This person is a key member of the RZR product team that works together with the rest of the organization to build and grow the RZR and ORV business for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze market data, competitive activity, demographic & lifestyle trends to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic growth objectives of the RZR business.
• Study and understand consumer behaviors that impact buying decisions for assigned off-road vehicle platform(s) and related products. Track and monitor customer satisfaction data & trends and identify various forms of market research (Voice of Customer) needed to understand and meet/exceed consumer expectations.
• Track technology development trends, regulatory trends and competitive product development trends to help identify and anticipate future opportunities and competitive threats. Identify and promote technology and innovation that will help solve consumer problems and add value to the Polaris product offering.
• Develop, maintain, and manage the Long-Range Product Plan (LRPP) for assigned products/platforms, and ensure plan for assigned product family is coordinated with the Powertrain group, PG&A business and International business units.
• Responsible for multiple carryover planned changes programs (level 1 / 2) with focus on customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and cost improvements year over year.
• Responsible for major (level 3) programs as assigned by product planning director.
• Lead and manage regular Product Development Committee (PDC) meetings to define and plan the execution of ORV strategic growth initiatives for assigned product family.
• Champion adherence to the Polaris Development Process (PDP). Provide direction and support for PDP gate reviews. Drive clear KPC's for platform specifications.
• Generate volume and model-mix forecasts and coordinate with Operations, Purchasing, Powertrain and Sales Ops for adequate planning cycles.
• Coordinate plans with the PG&A group for new accessories and bundles that support target customers and enhance the product ownership and lifestyle experience with the PG&A division.
• Coach and mentor intern(s) and rotational employees (DP's), including personal development and career planning.
• Represent division and company at various industry events including trade association meetings, consumer events, and other sales / dealer facing activities.
• Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. MBA or graduate degree a plus.
• 8-12 years of experience minimum of relevant sales and marketing or product development experience.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent presentations skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Polaris Senior Management, to members of the press and dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs and Polaris products).
• Team Player with good communication skills that can generate trust, confidence and respect from ORV leadership regarding ability to execute within and across the organization. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer focus. Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques.
• Must be able to use product competently. Extensive knowledge of off-road vehicles and other powersports and/or automotive products a plus.
• Standard office environment. Regular trips to Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
• Some travel 15-30% (primarily throughout US & Canada, occasionally overseas).
• Up to 50% travel between our Plymouth, Medina, and Wyoming, MN offices will be required on a regular basis.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager-RZR
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US