HR Senior Generalist
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3955
Requisition Number: R017212
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Senior HR Generalist - EHSS, GPSQ, Strategic Ops
The Senior Human Resources Generalist (HRG) is a strategic business partner to three functions within Global Operations: Environmental Health, Safety and Security; Global Product Safety and Quality; and Strategic Operations. The HRG will partner with the leaders of each of these organizations and is responsible for providing day-to-day HR support. The HRG will also be responsible for securing and developing of top-tier talent, shaping the plant culture and promoting Polaris values, and designing the organization (strategy, structure, people, processes and rewards). The HRG also demonstrates HR functional excellence and strong partnership with our HR Centers of Excellence in the execution of HR initiatives and annual processes (HRIS, Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Talent: Ensure talent is available and pipelines are full at all levels of the organization.
• Talent management for each organization, including identification of talent needs and talent acquisition with the end game of building world-class teams with bench strength that can deliver against plant strategic and operational initiatives.
• Build and maintain a strong leadership team through coaching, mentoring and development at all levels.
Culture: Build a culture that exemplifies Polaris values and drives employer of choice status.
• Actively develop and foster a positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, team effectiveness and integration, and employer of choice status.
• Maintain visibility and active presence within the team, providing daily support and communication. Actively participate in leadership meetings and strategy sessions.
• Identify and implement opportunities to build a sense of team, camaraderie and community.
• Identify, communicate and problem-solve employee relations issues.
Organization: Design an organization built to succeed.
• Act as business partner to the leadership team to execute against strategic priorities and facilitate success against metrics, goals and objectives.
• Partner with functional and HR leadership on organizational design for the organization, including strategic and talent components described elsewhere in the description as well as:
o Balancing of organization structure to allow for maximum performance within teams.
o Implementing processes and lateral capabilities that drive efficiencies between teams.
Functional Excellence: Deliver excellent HR functional service.
• Develop and execute annual HR plans that address client HR issues and align with client business agenda and priorities, high potential employee development, leadership succession planning, and other desired organizational development and changes.
• Leverage and improve HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value for client groups in organization and people development and management.
• Coach, counsel and direct leadership regarding Company policies and employment law. Ensure fairness and consistency.
• Day-to-day HR tasks and other duties and projects as required or assigned.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Comfortable with ambiguity and anxious to develop an organization from the ground up.
• Cultural savvy: able to discern key aspects of Polaris culture and maintain them.
• Must be willing to relocate and travel for career advancement.
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in Human Resources.
• Proven track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives.
• Change management, org design, org effectiveness and facilitation experience required.
• Proven effectiveness in matrix and dynamic environment.
• Experience with Lean and Lean HR preferred.
• Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: HR Senior Generalist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US