Trade Compliance, Team Lead
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 3957
Requisition Number: R016836
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Trade Compliance Lead/Supervisor, Tariff Classification
Polaris is seeking a qualified tariff classification Lead. This position requires a deep working knowledge of various country tariffs, as well as the respective country rulings, decisions, and other authoritative publications to maintain a compliant classification program.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled at successfully arguing and defending accurate classification positions, as well asdrafting, submitting, and monitoring ruling requests.
- Manage the HTS team and provide proper guidelines on the HTS Classification.
- Research and determine the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification for the US, Canada, EU, and Norway for finished goods, equipment, raw materials and non-production items
- Assigning DOT Classification. (The DOT regulates vehicles and certain automotive parts)
- Apply regulatory, judicial, international and/or local Customs' decisions/views to products being classified
- Assist free trade team to resolve HTS related queries/classify products quickly in order to expedite bill of material qualification and supplier solicitation
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping to support classification determinations
- Determine other government agency requirements applicable to the product
- Inputs classification and other government agency determinations into storage location
- Key role in developing the classification tool
- Perform the HTS Audit Program and take necessary measure to stand top on the KPI's
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral, are essential
- First level degree or equivalent (Bachelor's degree) is desired; Certification or Diploma in Import/ Export/ Customs/ International Trade preferred
- 8+ years of experience in HTS. (Minimum 2 -3years of automotive experience is must) along with team handling experience
- Strong in HTS Classification concepts and strategies
- Exposure working in matrix and global organization
- Good interpersonal skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Trade Compliance, Team Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN