Demand Planning Analyst
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3962
Requisition Number: R016944
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Leads the development and execution of Off Road Vehicle sales, inventory & operations plan (SIOP). Develops highly accurate & consistent retail forecasts used to support wholesale ship planning that is integrated with dealer inventory profiles. Key member of ORV Retail Flow Management (RFM) implementation, including processes to support deliveries within lead-times. Partners with manufacturing to develop & execute FG inventory & build flexibility plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops the monthly ORV Sales, Inventory & Operations Plan (SIOP)
- Uses trends, promotion inputs, competitive info and Mgmt input to develop a consistently accurate retail plan
- Responsible for the analysis, execution, and consolidation of regional rolling forecasts
- Integrates dealer profiles, order forecasts and dealer inventory targets to develop the wholesale ship plan
- Communicates worldwide ship demand plan to manufacturing to drive build requirements
- Communicates retail, ship & build plan including risks & opportunities to ORV leadership
- Leverage JDA software to optimize all aspects of SIOP process
- Lead weekly flexibility review for ORV
- Provide and analyze data on weekly retail, order, ship trends, lead-times, and service levels
- Lead the process to increase / decrease weekly flex builds and colors
- Work with Manufacturing to identify and communicate changes
- Develop & Execute FG inventory / flexibility plans with manufacturing & ORV management team
- Determine flexibility needs required to support RFM service levels
- Communicate N.A. FG inventory plan to finance and ORV management
- Assist ORV operations & sales team by regularly providing and analyzing data on:
- Retail / order / ship forecasts; dealer inventory & DSO analysis; FG Inventory & target analysis
- Other projects as they come up
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years' experience in business analytics
- Demand planning / forecasting experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work successfully within a team, cross-functionally and independently
- Ability to lead through ambiguity by demonstrating strong analytic, strategic, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Proven track record of organization skills and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- High proficiency in Excel
- Standard office environment.
- Some travel
- Location - Bass Creek (Headquarters)
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 5,300 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2014 sales of $4.5 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Demand Planning Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US