Product Compliance Engineer - Motorcycle
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3980
Requisition Number: R1160
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Support new product development at Polaris as a Product Compliance Engineer.Identify and obtain required certifications and homologations. Track and implement global product regulations including emissions, noise, and product safety standards. Develop and execute compliance processes, systems, and test plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and coordinate with engineering, product management, and manufacturing to incorporate regulatory requirements in product specifications and validation plans.
- Conduct and support product development process (PDP) and part release system (PRS) compliance reviews and prepare required deliverables.
- Ensure product compliance with NHTSA, US EPA, CARB, Transport Canada, Environment Canada, EU type approval, and other requirements.
- Implement regulatory requirements for new products and international markets.
- Obtain and maintain regulatory certifications of Polaris products, as assigned.
- Participate in compliance project status and continuous improvement meetings.
- Maintain and support development of automated compliance systems.
- Provide input to industry associations and stay informed of new requirements.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. degree in Engineering or technical field
- 2+ years of Product Compliance experience.
- Strong communication and influence skills with global partners
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Compliance Engineer - Motorcycle
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US