Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 3983
Requisition Number: R1166
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Engineering Manager is responsible to plan, organize and monitor the activities of Manufacturing Engineering as it relates to the establishment of manufacturing processes and equipment, methods improvement, cost reduction, capital requirements and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop short and long range strategy
• Direct the development of manufacturing processes and equipment for new products; oversees a continuing review, revision and improvement of processes and equipment for existing products.
• Direct the estimating of manufacturing costs for proposed or new products; suggests design changes, as necessary, to facilitate manufacturing, improve quality or reduce costs.
• Responsible to ensure smooth integration of new products and processes to manufacturing within targeted lead times and cost goals.
• Supervise the initiation and development of documented manufacturing systems procedures.
• Review and analyze daily production reporting to identify cases where the standard, the performance, the tools, or other elements appear to be unsatisfactory.
• Compiles data, evaluates and recommends changes to support more flexible manufacturing output, improved throughput, and increased productivity to support corporate objectives.
• Lead the implementation of process improvements and continually evaluates our methods of process documentation and employee training. Assists with the evaluation of manufacturing software, and works with Quality Engineering and Product Design to assure the critical characteristics and process controls are properly documented and communicated to production personnel.
• Coordinate long range goal planning activities for the facility and leads efforts to increase productivity and drives flexibility into the organization. Evaluates capacity constraints, capital requirements, and operational changes required to meet objectives.
• Coordinate strategic studies and projects relating to equipment, process improvement, cost reduction and plant layouts. Outlines scope, objectives and approach, reviews progress and results, and presents findings to management.
• Takes an active part in improving quality by evaluating designs and methods, recommending fixtures and fail-safe opportunities, and implementing solutions to quality and production issues.
• Directly responsible for the supervision of the Controls Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Business Analyst personnel including department organization, performance evaluations and other administrative activities
• Works with Human Resources to develop training programs and materials to develop the Manufacturing Engineering support staff and professionals.
• Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
• Participate in Lean activities including tiered meetings, kaizens, and lean training.
• Lead the Standard Work Element of PPS (Polaris Production System)
• Perform special projects as assigned.
• High integrity.
• Passion for excellence: results-driven individual capable of a high level of execution.
• Customer focus: able to translate the needs of the business function into HR solutions.
• Problem solver: Intellectually agile. Sees multiple sides of issues and flexes to drive solutions.
• Leadership: Confident and engaging, with the courage to challenge as required.
• Innovative mindset, with ability to identify and act on key opportunities for improvement.
• Team player: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Culture
• Employee development: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Talent
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Four year degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing engineering required.
• 7-10 years manufacturing engineering experience in a fast paced production environment
• 7-20 years supervision/management experience required.
• Competent business computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products
• Outstanding leadership, influence, and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• High energy, able to infuse Polaris culture into organization
• Assembly and Fabrication experience required
• A seasoned and knowledgeable engineering background who has led in manufacturing production environments. Deep Lean skillsets with proven results. Has built cultures based on continuous improvement, benchmarking and employee engagement.
• Strong project management and problem solving skills required.
• Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<10>
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US