Director, Dealer Development Sr.
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3985
Requisition Number: R1157
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Senior Director of Dealer Development will provide set, guide and implement the strategy to improve the dealer network. The Senior Director of Dealer Development reports to the General Manager of Sales and will work with the GM to conceptualize, develop, implement, evaluate and redirect/modify short and long-term Dealer Development strategy and tactics to meet Polaris business objectives. The Senior Director will be a thought leader on dealer-related opportunities and challenges while overseeing the day to day needs of the Dealer Development team. This leader will build a high performing team through acquisition of talent, training, development, leadership, vision and motivation. Lead cross functionally in a matrix environment to ensure flawless execution. Lead change and drive lean principles, methodologies and transformation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage the Polaris Dealer Development strategy
- Direct Dealer Network Health Assessment Process, work on recommendations, manage implementation and track progress
- Ensure monitoring of dealer standards measurements
- Oversee the Capital Assistance Program, monitor and track progress and resolution at the end of the contract
- Oversee the store merchandising program including the design of fixtures, overall concept, inventory of fixtures and signs, vendor management
- Responsible for the Dealer Agreement and Dealer Policy Manual, changes or revisions, and the annual renewal process
- Ensure Dealer Agreement and Policy Manual compliance
- Partner closely with Director of Sales to align Dealer Development strategy
- Key legal contact for dealer issues (i.e., open points, terminations, cross border)
- Oversee development of dealer markets including vendor management
- Plan and coordinate market study recommendation and implementation
- Responsible for maintenance of the New Dealer Orientation Process
- Provide Dealers with insights/best practices on improving business
- Lead in a matrix environment and participate in Cross Functional Teams
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in related field required (Business, Sales, Marketing); MBA preferred
- 8+ years of related leadership experience
- Proven track record in business development strategies and plans, and leading teams to execute flawlessly
- Field Sales, Channel Management, and Finance experience highly preferred
- Extensive budgeting & forecasting experience required
- Anti-Trust Law knowledge & experience required
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and tactical ability combined with expert relationship management skills and attention to detail
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris product preferred
- Outstanding leadership skills within team and cross-functionally in a matrix environment; ability to make decisions and influence
- Proven ability to build and develop strong teams that deliver results
- Strong business acumen; related industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Location - Plymouth, MN
- Standard office environment - extended periods of sitting required
- Periodic, but extensive travel required at points of the year - approximately 20% required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Dealer Development Sr.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US