Dealer Sales Manager-3
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3993
Requisition Number: R1201
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Motocycles Dealer Sales Manager is responsible for wholegoods revenue goals as well as Business Unit and Consumer needs. Through strategic partnerships with business units, Retail Experience team and dealers, the DSM is accountable for executing monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets through the wholesale of major units to his/her deal network. The DSM partners with field sales staff, dealers and internal corporate partners to analyze and understand market dynamics, competitive moves, strategically and efficiently resolve issues to meet business objectives. The DSM also conducts quality, structured sales calls to sell in and execute plans to drive wholegoods retail, market share and stocking goals. Additionally, the DSM plays a critical role in ensuring the Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot product lines are #1 recommended by dealer partners through strong communication and issue resolution with dealers.
This role will is the "go -to" resource for delivering on the company's revenue commitments and is the key contact between the dealer network and Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, sell for commitment and execute annual, quarterly and monthly dealer retail plans in partnership with dealers.
- Build, review and approve wholegoods stocking profiles while understanding competitive developments, market dynamics and retail trends.
- Based on market analysis, make suggestions applicable to market needs that result in the right product being in the right place at the right time.
- Provide objective and strategic forecasts including countermeasures to improve on any forecast below expectations. Work with business units and management to refine those countermeasures.
- Routinely review results, objective market data and analyze controllable inputs yielding appropriate precall evaluation and planning. Debriefs with dealers at the conclusion of programs to communicate total profitability of Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot retail business.
- Completes KPI review with dealers, including overview of retail/incentirves/status to goal, traffic, standards, CSI, lead follow-up and forward looking retail planning.
- Partner with dealers to develop and execute a organized lead follow up and demo process with the goal of following up with leads in a timely manner, driving dealership traffic and ultimately retail.
- Work with dealers to maintain proper inventory through the selling of appropriate stocking profiles through a retail driven perspective.
- Monitor and maintain agreed upon stocking profiles through inventory management and re-orders.
- Ensure dealers meet or exceed stocking goals for branded motorcycle accessories & apparel.
Communication and Solicitation
- Inform and educate dealers to ensure they are knowledgeable about profit opportunities of current retail, wholesale and supporting programs.
- Identify risks and opportunities to retail in assigned territory and work with leadership and brand teams to implement countermeasure plans
- Educate dealers on key brand initiatives to ensure flawless consumer facing interactions.
- Drive participation and compliance in programs and key initiatives that enforce critical retail behaviors.
- Inform dealers of progress to retail, stocking and program goals and critical deadlines
- Collect and report dealer and competitor market and district level traffic and sales data to sales leadership and brand teams.
- Communicate successes, opportunities and solutions to leadership teams to drive results.
- Assist dealers in timely resolution of issues
- Manage/communicate district consumer issues with a high level of urgency
- Attend and support dealer and corporate motorcycle events as required (district / regional / national)
- Direct dealers to proper resources and escalate when appropriate to quickly and effectively resolve issues with win/win solutions.
- Daily interaction with a CRM reflecting dealer call take-a-ways and follow up actions needed. Most importantly, provide strategic commentary highlighting improvement opportunities
- Customer (dealer) satisfaction and dealer effort considered in all interactions
- Responsive to dealer and consumer inputs
- Seeks timely resolution of all problems - within 48 hours
- Questions and improves internal processes. Elevates issues to knock down roadblocks.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Business, Marketing)
- Minimum of two years retail sales experience required; inside sales experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to view dealers as partners and balance relationship with business needs to deliver goals without losing sight of dealer partner and consumer needs
- Understanding, appreciation and passion for motorcycle industry
- Must be able to work remotely and be a self starter
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for powersports products preferred
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent phone and other virtual communication skills are required; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Standard fast-paced corporate office environment
- Travel required up to 25% for meetings, region travel or customer events
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Dealer Sales Manager-3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US