Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3994
Requisition Number: R1204
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This position will be responsible for the timely execution of ORV graphics projects, along with coordinating the development of various decals and warning labels. This role will interface with leadership, industrial design, manufacturing, engineering, and vendors in the completion of model graphic development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages project schedule, risks and overall execution of ORV colors and graphics packages for responsible platforms.
- Leads collaborative discussions between cross-functional stakeholders (product management, engineering, industrial design, purchasing, etc.) when issues challenge project deliverables.
- Responsible for the completion of PDP deliverables related to colors and graphics, and Graphics Review Milestone follow-up actions.
- Required attendance at Graphics Review Milestones held in Medina.
- Initiates and monitors validation for all new colors and graphics materials and, when necessary, manages mitigation strategies for high-risk content.
- Decal development from concept stage to production, including the creation, approval, and release of drawings and kits.
- Coordinates with suppliers to ensure validation and release of decals to meet build dates.
- Prepares and coordinates engineering change orders on modifications to decal parts.
- Supports pilot builds by tracking required components, attending and monitoring builds, and providing direction and/or training to line operators as needed.
- Oversees and adjusts bill of materials to reflect model aesthetics resulting from Graphics Review Milestones
- Monitors schedules and expedites as necessary to ensure on-time delivery for pre-production builds.
- Supports manufacturing and quality problems relating to materials, dimensions, tolerances, and color verification.
- Recommends and implement solutions for any manufacturing and quality problems and/or late design change requests
- Performs other miscellaneous project-related assignments as requested.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree required, engineering background a plus.
- 3+ years of program leadership, project management or leadership experience in a similar industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good leadership skills and ability
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and maintain a positive attitude.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines with a cooperative attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Background in Polaris PDP process or similar state gate process highly preferred.
- Experience with project management.
- Knowledge of print production/graphic design.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Experience with MAPICS, PRS (Polaris Release System), and/or structuring of bill of materials.
- Previous experience leading a team (either direct reports or indirectly)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US