Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3997
Requisition Number: R1182
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This role is primarily responsible for analysis, design, development and support of the company's Web Applications in the Dealer Sales (Order, Inventory, Promotion and Retail) Domains. Effectively partners with Product owners, architects and application developers in writing functional and technical specifications to meet the needs of the business. Take on web development on new web applications or modify existing web applications written in VB.NET, C#, Java, Angular and using Microsoft SQL Server database. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a definite plus. Demonstrates passion for customer focus and drive business results via software solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Gathering Requirements, Analysis.
• Analyzes current and future state business processes
• Evaluates alternatives and defines a recommended system approach
• Leads in producing deliverables including business process flows; use cases; and storyboards
• Facilitates project and administrative meetings
• Responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
Architecture, System Design, Validation and Implementation
• Transforms business and technical requirements into software design
• Leads in producing deliverables including database layouts; application interfaces mock-ups
• Documents functional design specifications/user stories and communicates with software developers
• Leads team to resolve questions and issues during development cycle
• Defines test cases and scripts (in certain projects)
• Performs system testing and leads user acceptance testing cycle (in certain projects)
• Oversee implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live
• Insures compliance with SOX
• Work with analysts and project managers to make changes to existing web applications written in VB.NET, C#, Java, Angular and using Microsoft SQL Server database.
• Assist in web development with the new web applications written in C# .NET using Visual Studio
• Develop applications to current web standards
System and User Support
• Provides day-to-day application support to Portals and Business users
• Troubleshoots production issues and provides resolution
• Trains users on system processes and changes
• Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in a web application designer role, performing system analysis and writing specs or user stories
• 3+ years of experience in developer role, working with highly-scalable web applications using Visual Studio and .NET
• Experience in working with Web Services/APIs
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
• Strong written and verbal communication. Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical audience.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience writing Complex SQL queries
• Highly prefer exposure to D365 for Sales (aka D365 CRM)
• Proven experience in delivering in an on-site / offshore model
• Past participation on teams run with Agile Scrum methodology by writing User Stories
• Cloud/Hybrid Cloud experience, especially Microsoft Azure
• Experienced with Marketing, Sales, Service and Manufacturing business processes
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US