Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4004
Requisition Number: R1229
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Development for Snow Engineering. Whole vehicle development with an emphasis on chassis architecture, ergonomics, and overall vehicle performance. Work to ensure that the final product package is optimized to exceed the customer's expectations in the following areas: safety, performance, quality, handling and comfort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the fabrication and assembly of concept and development builds.
- Install, utilize, and troubleshoot data acquisition loggers to capture information relevant to vehicle performance, calibration, and/or issue resolution.
- Ability to install and instrument basic and advanced data acquisition sensors like strain gauge load cells, accelerometers, thermocouples, etc.
- Analyze and process data collected to draw conclusions and report back to engineering team with recommendations.
- Provide guidance on whole vehicle systems layout and ergonomics.
- Work with system engineers to support calibration and development tests.
- Organize and lead development activity in the field.
- Work with validation engineers to perform and/or support items from the validation plan.
- Perform lab and field testing and development as required to resolve product issues.
- Ensure development and field test units have proper data acquisition equipment.
- Provide feedback to the project team for issue resolution, feature and quality improvements, and cost reductions.
- Support preproduction builds and oversee Pilot build activity.
- Support quality verification testing.
- Keep good records and write test reports for tests conducted.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
- Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to travel periodically to do product evaluation and development.
- Able to communicate professionally and drive project to timely completion.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 2-Year degree in technical field
- Basic computer skills required
- Valid driver's license required Must be capable of operating Snowmobiles in extreme conditions
- Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (>26,000 GCVR) and obtain Class A license certification
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving skills and methodologies
- Power sports experience preferred
- Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience preferred
- Fabrication & welding preferred
- Minimum 3 years mechanic or technician experience preferred
- Ability to travel to Canada and internationally as required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Tech, Development
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US