Industrial Engineer (Wilmington OH or Vermillion SD)
Location: Wilmington, Ohio US
Job Number: 4009
Requisition Number: R1245
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
In this role you will be a part of the Distribution Leadership team supporting Polaris's parts, garments and accessories division. This role will partner with broader site leadership to improve operating performance, reduce waste, promote cost reductions and drive efficiencies. This position will lead LEAN process improvements along with implementing sustainable processes and metrics across the DC's. Activities include ownership and oversight of: parts distribution methods, equipment management, facility layout, material handling, manpower efficiencies, and material utilization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partners with DC Leadership to establish strategic roadmap for engineering technical project improvements across the DC
• Effectively manage and communicate updates for key milestones and goals for technical project improvements
• Establish technical process standardization and best practice, partnering with the DC leadership team while driving.
• Performs work measurement/time studies to establish time standards and efficiency methods
• Analyzes and defines performance measurement (productivity) metrics and methodology
• Implement LEAN tools within the location including kaizen events, projects and any other activities to improve and further LEAN efforts
• Identifies productivity and performance data through data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping and/or problem analysis
• Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause
• Performs research and benchmarking on industry best practices related to warehousing and transportation
• Develops office and warehouse methods for machines, tools and equipment, processes and procedures, distribution layout, material handling, and work flow
• Develops, tracks, and implements Kaizen events in coordination with Supervisors and Team Leaders including managing the Kaizen database
• Provides on-the-job training or guidance to all levels of the warehouse
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering or similar field
• 5+ years' experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent project management skills
• Proven ability to lead change management and establish engineering principles across a facility
• Strong understanding of systems, processes, operations, transportation and order management
• Ability to motivate team members using effective interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills across a facility
• Adjusts communication style by articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups
• Independent decision-making, resolution skills and strong problem identification skills with a working knowledge of warehousing and transportation fundamentals
• Strong working knowledge of LEAN and other process improvement methods preferred
• Writes, speaks and presents clearly across a variety of settings
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Engineer (Wilmington OH or Vermillion SD)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wilmington, Ohio US