Test Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 4010
Requisition Number: R1248
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This position is responsible to deliver safety, quality, delivery, and cost process improvements for in-process and end-of-line powertrain test systems including, but not limited to, leak test, cold test, and hot test stations. These improvements will be achieved by supporting production, but also defining key projects to improve the test processes by working with and obtaining consensus from multiple disciplines such as design engineering, manufacturing, production, part suppliers, and equipment suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines manufacturing strategy for engine and/or drivetrain in process and end of line test stations based on business case justification.
- Define, Determine, and manage necessary capital, expense, and tooling budgets to manage specific engine and/or drivetrain test areas
- Define, update, and align production test processes to standards.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the testing process. Coordinate with tool suppliers to specify, procure and then implement new tooling, fixtures.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction while maintaining ability to detect appropriate defects
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of testing equipment.
- Reviews preliminary product designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve testing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Works with New Product Introduction teams to ensure testing process supports and meets business needs.
- Supports development and updates testing process documentation and procedure instruction.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required
- Previous experience in test operations environment desired
- Strong technical skills including mechanical and electrical problem solving & statistical data analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including teamwork, judgment, initiative, dedication, communication, customer focus, organizational, and leadership skills
- Understanding of financial metrics & measures
- Proficiency with PC's
- Strong Project Management skills
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States without requiring Sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Manufacturing Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US